PRINCE OF PERSIA 4D

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Azraela

PRINCE OF PERSIA 4D

Post by Azraela »

Hi everyone...
I really like this game but I cannot make it work on Windows XP
I don't know what to do, and I'm really upset... I also tried to run Prince of Persia 1.3...and guess what...it didn't work either.

If someone knows some kind of emulator I could use, or another way to make this game work, please tell me :-)
Elign

Post by Elign »

DOSBox is an emulator, you can try that if you already haven't. http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

Otherwise you can right-click the game's EXE file, click Properties, tinker with the settings there, maybe you might change the right setting to get it working.

If you describe exactly what happened when you tried to run Prince of Persia 4D (maybe even a screenshot), it might make it easier for us to help you.
Azraela

Post by Azraela »

Thanks I've already downloaded DOSBOX :-)
Erm...do you know how to solve the problem of "insert prince of persia on c, bla bla" (that happens on level 10, or 11...I guess)
Elign

Post by Elign »

It appears the game is divided into multiple floppy disks. You may need to recreate the original diskette structure somehow, so that the game can use its built-in static links to find its data files.

Just an idea, not sure how valid it is...
Azraela

Post by Azraela »

Ok...thanks anyway...By the way...Do you know where (level) I have to fight against the mirror-me?

Post by Guest »

Please can anyone tell me what are the controls of pop4d ? i just dont know how to play the game :(
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

For general information on POP4D from this thread
Btw, Wally if you're reading this thread, I probably send you a PM next week on more information (things like controls, cheats & frequent error messages-insert disk, hint-getting sword" for POP to add in your thread.
Azraela wrote:Thanks I've already downloaded DOSBOX :-)
Erm...do you know how to solve the problem of "insert prince of persia on c, bla bla" (that happens on level 10, or 11...I guess)
It is a bug in that is in POP4D. Yes that message "insert prince of persia disk in c:" will appear after level 10. Download the patch to fix it. See above link.
Anonymous wrote:Please can anyone tell me what are the controls of pop4d ? i just dont know how to play the game :(
Numbers on numeric pad for physical movement and movement of sword (when holding sword), in particular 7 & 9 for jumping, Shift for holding on ledge or attacking with sword.
Azraela wrote:Ok...thanks anyway...By the way...Do you know where (level) I have to fight against the mirror-me?
Not sure what you mean by "mirror-me". Do you mean your shadow twin? If you do, actual you have to face him, but not fight him. ;) Can't remember the level, have to check it out or someone else can tell you. Otherwise, are you referring to the physical mirror?
KEPI

POP4D

Post by KEPI »

can anyone tell me what i have to do to kill the first green guy in level one of pop4d. or maybe just how to fit in general, im having a bit of trouble.
thanks.