Comprehensive list of all games pre 1998?

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
punkmartyr

Comprehensive list of all games pre 1998?

Post by punkmartyr »

Having trouble starting this thread hah not sure what to type. Basically I have an older computer (550 processor, 15 gig HD) that I have been preparing to retire as my exclusive "old games reminiscing *sp*" computer.

Can someone link a source where I could see virtually every game ever made easily, in one list on one webpage preferred. I have tried to some extent but it is just taking too long. I want to get some more small games for this computer. Also if everyone could add to this thread games they enjoy that are small in size that would help as well since I could do some research on these and see if I wish to obtain them. Feel free to list the genre as well!

Also I am very interested in games by SSI, Sierra and other companies that are like Strahd's Possession and the Darksun games (and Eye of the Beholder) as well as any AD&D style games

What I have so far:

<<Fantasy RPGs>>:
Darksun
Darksun Wake of the Ravager
Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession
Ravenloft: The Stone Prophet

<<Strategy>>
Magic: The Gathering (Fantasy Strategy Game, one of my favorites)
Risk 2 (newer but small file, fun)
Magic The Gathering (like the card game, also newer title)

<<First Person Shooters>>
Blood
Doom
Doom 2

I am going to try to obtain Eye of the Beholder 1-3 and am extremely interested in games like that and the others listed. Also I know a lot of games have come/gone similar to master of magic, if you know a fantasy one I myself would want that as well.

P.S. is there something wrong with me if I play the same game over and over every couple of years?
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

.S. is there something wrong with me if I play the same game over and over every couple of years?

No I do that as well, I do however think it is a little more exciting the 2nd time round as after a few years you play it you tend to forget tiny things.
punkmartyr

Post by punkmartyr »

hahahahha

would like to thank the forum for bumping the "your favorite dos game?" thread I made 345 days ago..
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Frenkel »

Groeten van Frenkel
Visit us at the Official S&F Prod. Homepage
punkmartyr

Post by punkmartyr »

Frenkel wrote:www.mobygames.com
thank you that was exactly what I was looking for, I was unable to find it before because many of the popular gaming sites only cover 2000 to present well
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

If you want some good fantasy RPGs, you should go buy The Ultima Collection on ebay. It's about $10. Ultima VII is considered by many to be the best RPG video game ever.
punkmartyr

Post by punkmartyr »

I might do that. My list right now "Games to be obtained" looks like this:

Microprose Titles:
Bloodnet 1993
Darklands
Return of the Phantom
Cyberstrike

Anvil of Dawn
Dark Legion

Lords of Magic
Warhammer Dark Omen
Rage of Mages
Master of Orion
Warlords III darklords rising
Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Gate
Warhammer 40,000 Final Liberation

Does anyone know a game like Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and Master of Magic that I would probably enjoy? Those are two of my favorite games of all time so any game that is very similar I would probably love (im not into the historic games that are like them so much though)