Need help

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Spongey437

Need help

Post by Spongey437 »

I have been looking for an old game a friend of mine and I used to play back in the 80s - it was called DungeonQuest. Well, my friend found the disk - we used to play it on an IBM Jr system. Anyway, I was finally able to transfer the disk from a 5.25" disk to a 3.5" disk (you would be surprised how hard it as to find a 5.25" disk drive).

But the problem seems to be that the game is written in Basic and it doesnt seem to run. Does anyone know how to run a game htat was written in basic?
Spongey437

Have tried some BASIC programs

Post by Spongey437 »

I have tried running it with some Basic programs in DOS but it does not seem to be working - wondering how specific the BASIC that it used may have been.

If anyone has any ideas on this I would appreciate it as we are really looking forward to playing this game again.

I was also able (once I got into the disk and foudn out the real name of the game) find a copy on the internet as well which seems to have the same files as what I have. Though the site that I found it on was not able to get it to run either.

It is a rogue-like game butmuch better. It has a shop where you can buy equipment, you can save your character and play multiple characters at the same time.