DOS games on mobile devices (Apple/Android)

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

DOS games on mobile devices (Apple/Android)

Post by emmzee »

Hey all,

I was thinking that it might be helpful to create an area on DOSGames.com and/or a separate website to catalog the various DOS game remakes and games heavily inspired by classic DOS games that are available on mobile devices. If you know of any that would be good to include, please post here.

For example, the ball & paddle game Krypton Egg (http://www.kryptonegg.com/) is available for iPhone:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/krypton-eg ... 00615?mt=8

I have never used Android devices personally (however my next phone will likely be an Android) so I especially don't know what is available for them, although I understand that since it is a much more open platform, there are likely many more apps available.

Thanks! :)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Could be a good idea if you would create a separate sub here on the forum for those bl@#dy things.
A completely new website would only drown in the zillion others ....
Even at the risk of getting a lot of secretively adv postings.

Modern times, modern times, the only thing my GSM (as we call those things around here) can do is call and be called, even can't take pics with that thing.... let stand play games on that antique Nokia :laugh:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Actually, DOSBox works on Android (with projects like this), so there doesn't seem to be a real need to port DOS games to that platform or create remakes. Open source games like Doom are of course ported directly.

In fact, the iPhone version of Krypton Egg you've linked to was created by DotEmu who apparently use DOSBox and ScummVM ports to bring old games to mobile devices.