Games wont run: System does not support fullscreen mode.

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
crzypirate

Games wont run: System does not support fullscreen mode.

Post by crzypirate »

I dont quiet know what is going on here. I mounted my drive/game folder, and everytime I try to execute the game [Carnage.exe] it crashes and tells me that "This system does not support fullscreen mode. Choose close to terminate this application."
I havent been able to find any helpful topics on this, but if it does exist, sorry...
Anyways, my aim is crzypirate, could anyone help me out?
Thanks so much in advance!
crzypirate

Post by crzypirate »

More info:
I have other games, they all give me similar messages.
I inserted the auto execute command for the C:\ drive
Im opening these games by double clicking their icon (Idk how to open them otherwise)
and finally
I havent installed them, if that's important..?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

OS?
Dosbox version?
Mount lines?
Inputs?
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
crzypirate

Post by crzypirate »

I got it working. PLEASE ADD TO THE HOW TO SECTION:
To get the game working; if
a)the entire game is int he mounted file, type the name of the game, example, if the game is "raptor.exe", type raptor.
b)if it is in a subfolder, type cd [folder name], press enter, then type the game name [minus the .exe].

Once I figured this out, I could play anything. Thanks though.
PLEASE add that though, alot of us are wicked confused on this "simple" step.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

:blah:
No, won't add it.
Once upon a time, long ago it was there, but ......
There are so much possibilities (pre installed games, games that needs to be installed from flops, games that first need to be unzipped into a temp folder and installed from there, cracked games, games that need to be cracked, CD games, games that need specific command lines, games that need specific paths, whatever and whatnots, add some thousand possibilities.

The howtos became a long long read, and most beginners didn't understand it anyway.

So basically, simply put, if you can't launch a game, or lack the basic dos knowledge, ask, and you will get help.

Capiche?

Also, had you done a simple search for "full screen mode" in 'get games to work' here, you would have get already a nice list to read.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
crzypirate

Post by crzypirate »

Well, whatever. Alot of people Ive seen have that exact confusion, so whatever...
Thanks anyways boss.