Got my shiny new system up and running ^_^

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

*excuse me* Im going to have to say why all this swearing. Just leave it and get back on topic..
Didnt DB say there was 13 years and under here...

There is nothing about swearing in teh rules.... Sheeze
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

(sorry about this post... but it must be done)
:rolleyes: wtf are you? six???

-Richard-
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Show me a six year old who'd be truely scared by hearing the word "fuck." Swear words are rude, and might teach younger readers bad manners, but they're hardly going to hurt anyone here. (And yes, cussing is mentioned in the rules)
Wally

Post by Wally »

I aint scared of the word or term fuck but imagine a mindless six year old going up to his mum after being on a forum and said 'Fuck you' to her..

Would she be impressed.. Thus darren may get in trouble for that
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

I'd be surprised if a six year old could USE this forum, let alone read it. Besides COPPA a day keeps the infants away.

Hum, i'm sure a 6 year old would use proper english and punctuation better than you would tho.

'Dun taht beet al'
Wally

Post by Wally »

ummm Why do you think i cant use 'use proper english and punctuation ' at all..
That is how all australians speak

Generally speaking Mum = Mom for those who do not know
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

When speaking I have a rather strong accent (if it's an unceremonious conversation) but I don't intone it when writing. Why? Well, as oblivious as you may be to this point, there's a divergence between spoken and written English. Spoken English is largely dependent on voice inflection rather than sentence structure for communication of ideas and is thus deliberately improper for the sake of expediency. Written English is a code of alphanumeric phonetics, with none of the implications of vocalized tones. Consequently inscribing clearly and in an ordered fashion is the primary objective.

In real life saying "wazzup in da h00d, hom3c@? Taht's totally stellar dudez, keep cool homie bro" may be acceptable, but here it'll just make you look like an idiot.
Wally

Post by Wally »

well i dont say that. lets get back on topic...

Wardrich are you going to MAX out the ram when you can afford it? or you paying for a new shiny car?
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

I'll max out the RAM as soon as the prices drop. I still have to pay for a 9800XT and a SB Audigy II platinum Pro...
Wally

Post by Wally »

ooh ok..
Thrall
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Thrall »

no! the XT is 200+ more dollars then the 9800 PRO. And the difference? 5 fps. do you want to pay 200 more for 5 fps?

Also wait for the X800 PRO from ATI. it beats the nvidia card thats coming out. Save yer cash and get that. it will drop in price.

OR:

wait 2 months for the 9800 PRO to go down to 150. That is an awesome price. DO THAT!!
UP WITH SONIC!
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

I don't think I'll get the X800XT because AFAIK, it's still lower on the scale than the 9800XT... I may be wrong tho. I've also heard that the difference between the 9800XT and the 9800Pro much larger than 5 frames....

-Richard-
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Here I go being smarter than you all today:

ATi X800 XT : http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/index.html
nVidia 6800: http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040414/index.html

And there's no way that its $200 diffrence between PRO and XT because the 9800 XT sells for $550-600. and the Pro runs at $500.

BTW: Wally, I had no idea that australians spoke with no punctuation :huh: Now work on capitol letters.

Post by Guest »

um..well american. The 9800 XT is around 400. The pro is around 160. for 9800.

I would get the X800 PRO , its amazing. its nearly TWICE as powerfull as the 9800. for around 400 bucks. or you could get the X800 XT for 500 bucks.
Wally

Post by Wally »

BTW: Wally, I had no idea that australians spoke with no punctuation Now work on capitol letters.

Australians have a really poor section in language and speech

If you want have a look at an online slang dictionary.. http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html :laugh: Suprise suprise.

P.S everyone is a mate...
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

<marquee behavior = "slide" loop="1" ><b>NEW ADDITION</b></marquee>

That's right, new addition... I left work today (after getting paid on Thursday) with a kickass Soundblaster Audigy II Platinum Pro. ^_^ Currently have my guitar hooked into it. FUN!!

-Richard-
Lostuser

Post by Lostuser »

They are USB flashdrives or USB flash memory they are not memory sticks or non-USB flash memory like CF, SD, etc that are used in cameras and other things.

Most computers have USB drives, even if it's 6 or 7 years old. If you have Win98, you usually just need a single floppy disk with drivers (though you usually have to download them). Install them, restart (usually) then you are good to go with your flash drive. It is a small install.

If you have some version of Win2k or WinXP, then you don't even need the disk drivers. The flashdrive drivers will load automatically.

The flash drives don't have moving parts, usually show up as a removeable drive letter on the PC, and act just like a regular drive and are not quite as fast as a hard drive but much faster than floppies and CDs. Also, they are small. Many have a nylon cord you can wear or some act as keychains.

$49 got me a 256mb flash drive for work...sandisk mini cruzer. They even get up to just over 2gb but those will cost you a lot. Many also have encryption or password protection on them.

Check out the prices from tiger direct.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... bflash.asp

Later.