Looking for an old game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
NewportChris

Looking for an old game

Post by NewportChris »

I'm looking for an old game I played on an old computer my bro gave me. It was a VIC20, the game was all dialog, no graphics, All I can remember about it was a boy (man?) was traveling somewhere? I seem to remember it was a cave or somewhere dark because of his using the lamp. He could pick up and drop various items on his journey. I remember a majic carpet, a lantern, and Maybe matches. That seems to be all I can remember. Brother doesn't remember the name, neither do I. Would appreciate any help. First time here so please forgive any mistakes. Thanks...
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

do u remember ANYTHING else from the game?
NewportChris

Looking for an old game

Post by NewportChris »

Sorry, I wish I could remember more but can't. I've racked by brain, but senior moments have taken over. The only thing I can add is that the character was only permitted to hold a specific number of items in his travels. Don't know where he was trying to go or why. Don't know if this will help or not. Even so, thanks for responding....
eViL bOrIs I

Post by eViL bOrIs I »

Go to www.the-underdogs.org . Go to the "Inter-active Fiction" section, in the adventure game category. Just keep looking there until something sounds familiar.
And my soul from out that shadow shall be lifted, ah!, nevermore.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Ah, is it an underdog? Is it THE-underdog?
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

It would be funny if [disallowed website].org was an actual website...it would be funnier if it was a redirect to the underdogs :laugh:
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

the only problem is that URLs can't have the space character in them, but an underscore... (i checked, but no dice) oh well. *whispers*i could always ask them if they could just as a joke, seeing as to how i'm signed up with them. hah haha hehehe hu hoho
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Yeah, most people here are signed up for it.....we're such hypocrites :devil: .
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

nah, we just don't want emmzee to get in shyte
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

Right, and we're hypocrites :devil:
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Speak for yourself, heathen...
NewportChris

The "game" I was looking for

Post by NewportChris »

Hi all, I want to thank each and all who replied to my request. I talked to my brother last nite and he so kindly :cry: told me even if I did find the game, I couldn't play it on this computer. I was so dismayed :cry: :cry: . Anyway, I thought it would be fun to try and find it and was hoping I could play it on this computer. Goes to show you how much I know about them. Which is not much. Anyway, thanks again and I will keep checking this site. I found it to be very interesting. Chris... :D

Edit: Hey, I fixed your post. Please only use colors and/or extreamly large fonts when needed, not excessively. Thanks mate! :) -Admin
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

Dogbreath wrote:Speak for yourself, heathen...
heathen=general bad dude (I think).
Hypocrite= a person who doesn't practice what he preaches (or "says" if the word "preach" turns you off :rolleyes: )
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Humbug

Post by Wally »

Humbug may be the name
oldgamer

Post by oldgamer »

Sounds like the old Infocom classic, Zork.