Is it a myth ?

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Is it a myth ?

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Is it just a myth or will there be released a new DIABLO, called DIABLO III or DIABLO online ? I'v read and serch everywhere, and a coupple of pages there is a few lines about a new DIABLO, but is it just dreams /wishes or WHAT ? I'm a big expert on this game but even i can't find the info i so desperatly need :(
I need some honestly answers from you dudes out there !

Btw - Why not a WoD (World Of DIABLO ?)
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

first of all: Mith, the original Blizzard team split and nobody cares about it anymore, now everybody's "WoW, WoW, WOWWWWW"

Second: The same reason World of Starcraft will never be more than a project... :(
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Don't EVER say NEVER dude, We gott'a belive it. I'v herd a whispering silent voice in my head: There will be a new diablo, there will be a new diablo. :P

Na i havent actually. . . . but thay CANT STOP PRODICING GOOD GAMES JUST BECAUSE THAY'V RELEASED WoW FOR A VERY LONG TIME AGO.
Gahh dammit. :shifty:
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

I sure hope it's true, but there haven't been any official announcements yet. There are rumors, of course. I played WoW for the first time recently, but wasn't that impressed. I want Diablo III or Diablo Online or World of Diablo or whatever! :o
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Thank you emmzee. Finally someone else then me how haven't lost all hope for blizzard.
I'v wonder though. . . .Even if there will be a new Diablo ( THERE WILL, Larry..) so will it be, for sure much better grafic and it will take more of your HD. Your memories will not be good enaugh with 2 GB etc. I think we all have to upgrade our PC til the maximum limmit.

What the heck- If we want Diablo so bad-we can always hide some bag of $ so we could buy this awsome PC so we could play DIABLO. :D
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

The question is: Will the new Diablo be 2D like the original games, or will they go 3D? (I'm personally hoping for 2D!)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
DaDosDude

Post by DaDosDude »

2nd that!

They fucked street fighter up too when they made the EX series.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Well, if it's going to be a second World of, I sure as hell hope it'll be Starcraft, and here's why:

They already have part of the code(maybe even a playable bit)

Medieval style-monster fighting-demon blasting games are has been covered by WoW, futuristic, plasma weapons and the such, hasn't.

Starcraft gamers already try to bite off the heads of the Blizzard programming staff(tho' the kind'a shut them up when the official forums *accidentally* crashed)

As for the 2D-3D part, I'm telling you 3D, nobody(or, at least Blizzard) makes 2D isometric games nowadays...
Therefore, I wonder if the Stronghold thing will happen again now... though I doubt it...
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

First of all i have to say this: I love the old 2d games and i hope there will be more of these ( probably there will not :( )

2nd: I agree with Larry, if i gonn'a make a choise between Diablo and Starcraft i probably choise Starcraft because i like the strategy construktion in that game, but even if i like starcraft better i surtenly hope there will be a new Diablo.

:karate: