TinMan47's Lounge

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

I once made this sort of huge text adventure when I was younger, kind of easy with 3 choices and 2 thirds chance of death every screen, but I liked it anyway. However, it's dutch so you wouldn't understand it and secondly, it's bugged. At one point a choice leads somewhere completely else then where it should lead, even though it was 'programmed' correctly. Which means you'll always have to follow the same story, because pressing the button leads to somewhere where you didn't press the button. (Now that's a good plot device!) :P

To clarify, in the beginning pressing a button or not pressing a button leads to two different stories.
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

tinman47 wrote:ANOTHER IDEA !!! :o
How about if anyone has a batch
they want to share on DGF,post
it on this topic.
I really doubt many people have batch files... since they're not really needed in wintrash. I mean, how many users even know what the commandline is?
tinman47
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by tinman47 »

:( ME.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

So tell me, Tinman47, did you were smart enough to find out what I tried to direct you to in the second post ? The batch extenders for CMD in NT likes ?
tinman47
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by tinman47 »

Alright,I am going to release DB-TEXT Beta.The following are going to be keywords in the DB-TEXT Interpreter:

REMARK
SBLOCK
EBLOCK
PIXEL
SETVAR
IF
KILL
NEWWIN
BEEP
CALL
INPUT

If you have any suggestions,PM me or reply.
tinman47
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

TM47 COM

Post by tinman47 »

Well,I got really bored this weekend,so I was at my cousins office when I found an old backup floppy disk of mine holding the TM47 COM Batch file I made years back,probably when I was 9.So I put it in my XP and decided to post it up on DGF since it became quiet again :boring: ,and well its a crude but useful alternative to communication through the command-prompt.Its very simple,I dont mind if you alter it,but all it does is send pop-up messages to everyone or a specified computer on your local network(Includes office computers,at school computers).After I found it,me and Emmzee spent like a full hour testing it out,it seemed it didn't work,but it was actually because I wasn't connected to a local network.I know,stupid me :shame: .Well,just in-case you want to try it out at an office or a school(FOR PRANKS) just download it at:

http://www.msnusers.com/TheMSDOSBatchFr ... %20COM.bat

I provided a few little tips after you've downloaded it:
--------------------------------------------------------------
TIP #1: Make sure you have the messenger service enabled by right-clicking on My Computer then going to Manage,after tthis is done,a window should pop up called Computer Management.You should then double-click on Services and Applications,then double-click on Services and find Messenger.Once you have found it,double-click on it and set the Startup Type: as Automatic,then the final step is to click on the Start button.Wait till it loads up.Now press OK.Thats it,now the service should be enabled.

TIP #2: If you want to send a pop-up message to everyone on your local network(THAT INCLUDES YOU),startup my TM47 COM Batch file and type
a "*" and press enter,then type the message.Once you press enter,TM47 COM will send the message you typed to everyone on your local network,including you. 'NOTE:Takes a few seconds to complete this task.'

TIP #3:If you are sending a message and it won't send,then make sure you and the person you are trying to send the message to has his or her firewall off,and make sure you and the person trying to send messages are connected to a local network. 'NOTE:You don't have to turn it off,but its recommended.'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you would like to alter and post up your own version of my TM47 COM,
you are free to do so.

Oh yeah,if the download doesn't work,either get your own MSN Groups account at groups.msn.com ,or ask me for one on my MSN Messenger.I'm sure you know my e-mail address :laugh:...Or of course,
you can get it of LimeWire,type in TM47 COM in the search and I'm sure you'll find it->Of course its in TEXT source so save it as .bat .
Last edited by tinman47 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

www.fileden.com
www.rapidshare.com
www.yousendit.com
www.filexoom.com

There, use any of these! :P

And here's a nifty thing everybody nowadays(well almost everybody) has their messenger system disabled. You do know that's one of the ways spammers annoy people, right? :suspicious:
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Seconded, I would advise you, Tinman, that if you want to share a file you use one of Larry's urls, noone will do even the slightiest effort to download an obscure batch file.

And by your description of what it does, it seems you once again tried to reinvent warm water, but it's cold water.

FTW, messenger?

"then make sure you and the person you are trying to send the message to has his or her firewall off"
Yeah, I'll send them a message using your batch and ask them to shut down their security stuffies.

My boss gonna love that, "Hey peeps, shut all your security progs down so that we can send eachother some popuppers".

That will be the day.

Why don't you use your obvious capacities to create something usefull?
Because you have qualities, but you seem to put all your efforts in useless stuff.
That's a shame.
tinman47
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by tinman47 »

Im sure you know that this thread is about Batch Files.
Look,I dont care if you don't want a batch file,if you don't want
a batch file,thats fine,don't reply.I mean,since you know that I
am a 13 Year Old Puber as you say.I don't care that you
hate me,but dude,maybe someone would want to look at it.I
don't care if you don't want to.Take a moment to look at the
number of views that are on this thread;Don't you think that a
few people would want it?

And sure,I'll use one of Larry's URL's.Yes I used rapidshare.com

And Dosraider,did you notice I put crued but useful.

Dude,go ahead and be a hater. B)
Last edited by tinman47 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

tinman47 wrote:I don't care that youhate me
........Take a moment to look at the
number of views that are on this thread;Don't you think that afew people would want it?
Dude,go ahead and be a hater. B)
Ohlalala , what a big words, "hate"? Where you read I would hate you?
If you wanna know, the feeling towards you isn't hate, more a kind of pity, you're simply too insignificant to raise more feelings than that.

Pity, because you waist your obvious talents on hopeless projects, getting bored after one or two weeks(max) and achieve nothing, that's the shame of it.

And the number of views: uninteresting fact, the reactions says much more.

"be a hater" ?? Lolz, I said it somewhere before: you're amusing, not one to hate.
tinman47
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by tinman47 »

I think I used many big words in my life time,including the infamous SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS(See I know how to spell it).
If you feel so much pity to me,why do you reply smart comments about
me and to nobody else?Why is that?Sorry If I'm not good enough for DGF,
or even my own thread.But can't you show me any amount of sympathy
at all?Hasn't your mom ever told you to shutup once in awhile years back?
Well,sorry if I can't match your skills,or anyone elses,but I try okay.

Some comments you made(Get sensitive dushbag) are really fucked
up.I don't want to start a flame-war,so I'll just stop.
Last edited by tinman47 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

First of all, you don't know how to spell the infamous SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS :laugh:

Second of all, dude, there's really no need to react like this, going emotional over internet things, and all. Please, bear in mind what the good ol' Sinister one used to say:

"Fighting over the internet is like the Special Olympics: Even if you win you're still retarded"

But yeah, dosraider is right, you have potential, however you waste it on simple things. Think big Tinman, think really big! Think games, think helpful original software!

13 year old puber? that's new
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
tinman47
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by tinman47 »

Yeah,Im not fightin,Im just sayin.And yes I do know how to spell SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS.

And besides,don't you think that saying "you're simply too insignificant to raise more feelings than that." is offensive?
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

I know you edited your post, Tinman :P

And please do upload that batch on any of those sites! ;)
<center>
</center>

tinman47
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by tinman47 »

Hehe,well I just mispelled one letter.And I already did it on rapidshare.com
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

And you're not posting the link here, because? :suspicious:

Now, see, how can you ask for people to be helpful and understanding if you are not helpful and stall like that!
<center>
</center>

tinman47
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by tinman47 »

Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

I make things difficult? Ha! Let me remind you it was you that made me bother downloading some batch file you couldn't simply post here:

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF
COLOR 1E
TITLE TinMan47's Batch Communication v0.02
MODE CON&#58; COLS=46 LINES=30
&#58;loop
CLS
ECHO.-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
ECHO._-Welcome To TinMan47's Batch Communication-_
ECHO._-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
ECHO.
SET /p USER=User IP&#58;
SET /P MESS=Message&#58;
NET SEND %USER% %MESS%
PAUSE > NUL
GOTO loop
Now, anybody willing to give me Tinman's IP? :devil:
<center>
</center>

tinman47
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by tinman47 »

Well... :D Im not on your local network.
Last edited by tinman47 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

That's of no matter, trust me, spammers use Windows Messages popuppers to spam their stuff, without being in one's local network :P
<center>
</center>