Crusader: No Remorse line 824 error

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
DarkSwordmaster

Crusader: No Remorse line 824 error

Post by DarkSwordmaster »

Tried creating an account but the e-mail won't send so I'm happy that you guys have guest posting.

Anyway, I'm playing Crusader: No Remorse again and everything's fine. It's running smooth, plays fine, movies, explosions, everything. I'm using DOSBox 6.3 (I think, whatever the latest version as of 2/2/2006 is) and D-Fend v2 for my frontend.

I have everything set up right, CD is in the right spot, mounting's good, blah blah blah.

I got to mission 6 and beat it without much trouble. I go back to base and do everything I need to there. Then the trouble hits:

When I try to go to mission 7 it just hangs and then quits to a DOS prompt saying:

[quote=prompt=CRUSADER: No Rmorse
================================
Halted file ..\item\itemcach.c, line 824
================================

C:\Crusader>[/quote]

At this point I just exit DOSbox, but I'm not really certain what's causing this. Does anyone have any ideas or solutions for me?

Thanks in advance for and help rendered.

Post by Guest »

Can a mode fix my [quote] brackets and the date change to 2/2/2007 please?

Apparently guests can't edit.
DarkSwordmaster

Post by DarkSwordmaster »

I think I may have solved my own problem. Apparently it didn't patch when it said it did.

The patch is supposed to fix this problem, but now I have to replay everything over again (so it says in the readme).
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

If it does indeed fix the problem please post the link here for others with the problem (Just drop off the http://www.).
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I grab this old topic out from the dust, cause I have the same problem, when I want to play the 7th mission: Halted file ..\ITEM\ITEMCACH.C, line 824.
I playe the game with the DOSBox 0.74.
The patch didn't solve the problem.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

From the looks of things, it might be a C programming language file which is interpreted which is not usually seen. However, if it contains typos it might cause a break from the game. If you really wanted could you give the link to the .C file?
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Is that with the Gog.com version, or original disk, or some random download? I haven't played in a while, but certainly played lots on original hardware and in dosbox in the past, and never run into that issue.

I don't think there are any embedded c files, just good debugging & error reporting info in the exe files. :) Nice try, though. Lots of people would kill for the C:NR sources.

Also, EchoSector.com is a great C:NR community, worth a shot checking them out for resources and answers.

Post by Guest »

I have it original on cd-rom.
In the past, my brother played it also on DOSBox and he played it till to the end.
This are the commands which I use to mount the drives.

Code: Select all

mount c&#58; c&#58;\games
mount j j&#58;\ -t cdrom
Than I change to c: and load the folder cd\games\crusader.
After it I type crusader and the game is starting.
All the times there was no any problems, but Mission 7 won't load. :(
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

That sounds good, especially if you can play that far. Maybe doublecheck the patch applied? But maybe make a backup copy of your cd\games\crusader directory?

Some patches don't fix saved games, and the problem is in there, so possibly you have to restart after patching, but that's a guess - I don't really know.