2002, an interesting year for Dosgames.com

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

2002, an interesting year for Dosgames.com

Post by Dogbreath »

Well, it has been a year since I posted this on the boards:

http://members.sitegadgets.com/emmzee/board/62.html
Posted by dogbreath on January 01, 2002 at 00:10:17:

happy 2002! hopefully this will be a great year for dosgames.com not to mension this is the first post for 2002. cheers!
And indeed, it was a good year. We went from 3 to 125 users. We went from a text and basic HTML only board which was on one page to a nice, organized one. We even got a few website updates from Emmzee this time around! :rolleyes:

I went from being a relitive newbie on the website to a Administrator. A lot of people started posting. The ~1,400 lurkers continue to lurk, the posters continue to post, Nanobot continues to be Nanobot by posting a message just as you start to think he's left... in fact I would say the only bad thing that has really happened is Ally's departure.

In any case, party on dudes! I managed to get a bottle of champaign in and have more than enough movies+chips to keep me going 'til 6 o'clock tomorrow morning!

BTW: First person to post after 12:00 EST (New York time) gets forever placed in my hall of fame for being the first to post this year.
Last edited by Dogbreath on Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

I usually stay up late, so I'll just leave the post window open. :laugh:
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Yeah, but they get the #1 saddest person award for being on the computer when they should be outside making noise!
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Dogbreath wrote:... in fact I would say the only bad thing that has really happened is Ally's departure.
Well, let's not forget about our little, banned, lakers loving midget :laugh:
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

But that wasn't BAD, though. That was entertaining and fun, annoying as he was.

Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Dogbreath wrote:... in fact I would say the only bad thing that has really happened is Ally's departure.
Well, let's not forget about our little, banned, lakers loving midget :laugh: .........and the ID games going bye-bye......and all the iB problems......and the loss of the ghetto board......and the fact that I was on vacation when they were picking mods........and.........and....................
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

John The Ax wrote:Yeah, but they get the #1 saddest person award for being on the computer when they should be outside making noise!
I suppose I could always get my BB gun out, and start firing shots into the air :P
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

Cheers, my good friend.
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

John The Ax wrote:Yeah, but they get the #1 saddest person award for being on the computer when they should be outside making noise!
no, because I'm going to be obeying my religion :P
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Yo! Is it me?

Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

no, TD did it first his time....when he said "Cheers, my good friend" or whatever he said...
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Da_Goat wrote:no, TD did it first his time....when he said "Cheers, my good friend" or whatever he said...
Nope. TD lives on St. Cruz (-4 hours Greenwitch) which is an hour ahead of NY (-5 hours Greenwitch) meaning he posted at 11:07 PM December 31 2002. Therefore, the first person to post this year is John The Ax at 12:09 EST.
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

DAMMIT!