Forum is now 2.0.11 ... huzzah

Please read topics in this forum regularly. They contain information from the admin and mods on current developments on this message board.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum is now 2.0.11 ... huzzah

Post by emmzee »

After several false starts, the forum is now the newest (ie v2.0.11) of phpBB. This was done partly cuz of some errors that kept popping up, and partially because of a big security hole that was found in older versions recently.

Some stuff probably doesn't work quite right yet. I haven't really checked it out yet. I'm guessing some stuff like quick reply is gone, or partially gone ... I'll try to put it back now.

If you notice weirdness, please report it in this thread. Please don't email me about it, unless of course the forum goes down entirely :rolleyes: In case anyones wondering the patch went fairly smoothly, although the .patch file didn't install cleanly and I had to manually replace a few files ... other than that it seemed to run okay ...
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Quick reply is working fine, apparently. (Though this is the first time I've used it)

Do you have a list of what this update changes, exactly?
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

here is the URL
http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents. ... ngelog#202

Too many Updates since.

I did post the list but it turned out to be 3 posts long :laugh:
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Yep Quick Reply seems to work okay. Unfortunately I lost the URL hack (so that the URLs won't be listed in search engines anymore). I'll have to see if there's a new one available for v2.0.11 ... new user registation was broken but now I think I fixed it. I also got rid of the under-13 coppa agreement screen. Hope that's it ... that's it for me for now anyways ;)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Joris »

Good work emmzee :thumbsup: