Liberated Games

Please read topics in this forum regularly. They contain information from the admin and mods on current developments on this message board.
Jorrit
Admin
Admin

Liberated Games

Post by Jorrit »

Liberated Games is dedicated to cataloging all full commercial games that have been liberated and made free in playable form to the public.
You can take a look at this interesting website here: http://www.liberatedgames.com/index.php

There are quite a lot DOS games.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Hey thanks Jorrit..

Should help with my site.

It kinda gets me wondering why some of the older games that dont get sold like prehistork 2 and the keen series aren't made freeware.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

isn't that because of the 75 year law?
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Interon 2.0
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Interon 2.0 »

Sort of. But perhaps companies don't like the idea of giving away something and not getting something in return.

Or maybe the hope of someday being able to commercially exploit their ancient software. (put it in a game pack like 100 games on one CD, have a 20th anniversary special, sell the rights to another company, etc.)
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Frenkel »

Commander Keen still gets sold.

I also like this site: http://legalaw.cjb.net/
Groeten van Frenkel
Visit us at the Official S&F Prod. Homepage
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Joris »

Yep, LegalAW is a very good site to see what games are legal to download and what games are not legal to download :thumbsup: I downloaded almost every game they have there.
mbarton

Post by mbarton »

For those who may not know, Liberated Games is run by Matt Matthews, the same guy who does the Curmudgeon Gamer. He's very much against abandonware sites that don't get permission from copyright owners, so he created his own site with legal downloads instead. I really hope that he'll be able to persuade more companies to donate their games and source code to the public.
Matt Barton - Armchair Arcade Co-Editor
Visit Armchair Arcade, your Retrogaming Reader, for news, in-depth articles, game system matrix, forums, and more!