Really Amazing Space Adventure Game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Fury

Really Amazing Space Adventure Game

Post by Fury »

Right I have no idea what this is called since even when I played it I never saw the box.

You start at the edge of our solar system in this sort of <=> shaped space ship. You can fly towards planets with the keyboard and then they'd get bigger until you were in orbit. Then you could land on them with this little lander which could drive around and shoot little laser beams.

After you talk to this alien on pluto you head to earth. Earth is hidden behind a red shield. This should give it away. You meet a space-station guy who needs supplies from mercury which is very dangerous (things like lightning + earthquakes are bad for your lander). He thinks you are a designated supply ship but in fact you are the last surviving free Earth Ship. He joins you and offers you refits. You can upgrade your ship with things like more weapons + fuel cells and cargo and stuff.

Apparently the aim of the game was to make alliances with different races to the final goal of defeathing the evil enemy (who I can't remember either :/)

One of the allies were the Zot Fot and Pik who wore big space suits apparently. One of the others looks like a green octopus in a weird "atom-model" space ship. You could find Birds who talked too.

It was one of the best games I've ever played, and all the better for being nigh on impossible to complete. Anyone know what it is?

Also- is there such a thing as Escape Velocity for the PC?

Thanks in advance.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

That game is Star Control 2, one of my favorites. ;) It has been remade for modern operating systems and can be found <html><a href=http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontro ... </a></html>. (I believe it's freeware now)

Post by Guest »

Sheer genius, thanks very much :D