Memory

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
Rockerest

Memory

Post by Rockerest »

OK, maybe this is a little on the edge of what this forum's about, but oh well.

Does anyone know where I can get really cheap memory? I have 256MB DDR SDRAM, but I want 500 or more. Some games run very slowly. :cry:
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who do not.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Uh..... DDR SDRAM eh? Look again. You either have DDR RAM or SD RAM, not both.

If your american, look here: http://www.compgeeks.com

If your games run slow, I reccomend a new video card over ram.
Thrall
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Thrall »

10 days old..all well.

Basicly Kazer0 is wrong.. there is DDR SDRAM they call it that. but its truly DDR. Um you need to find the correct speed that the ram is. I recommend looking at the manual of the motherboard or the computer.

2. If its like PC2100 or 2700 (2100 = ddr 266 , 2700 = ddr333 , then there is ddr400) go to www.newegg.com and grab another stick of 256 memory. Since you got 256 now..you will have 512. You can get the 256 ram for under 50 bucks from newegg..its a secure site ive bought my whole computer from them.

3. If that doesnt speed it up then I recommend reinstalling windows to clean it up. or if you dont want to reinstall windows get the LATEST Drivers and Defragmentate your harddrive.

4. If that doesnt work invest in a new video card , this will probably go awesome with the new ram. Get like atleast a 9600. A 9600XT goes for 120 at newegg.com.

I recommend getting the ram and getting new drivers. Then if that doesnt work get a new video card (if you get a new video card and you get an ATI card and have a nVidia card now , YOU HAVE TO REFORMAT or the card will have junk shit trying to use it from the old cards drivers
UP WITH SONIC!

Post by Guest »

What does ASR stand for??
Im not sure if it has anything to do with memory
I also need it QUICKLY :cuccoan:

tHANX B)

Post by Guest »

Hey peoplez itz me again can u please listen?????????

do u know what catologue on the computer is called?

HURRY (please, im in a rush) :cuccoan: :cuccoan: :cuccoan: :cuccoan: :shifty:

Thanxz again!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: