90s or 2000s PC strategy game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
RedParade

Post by RedParade »

Hello there, I'm looking for the name of a Strategy PC game I played in the early 2000s, but it might have been made in the 90s. It was a Strategy game where 2 players, you and the computer have soldiers lined up on sort of a chess board, but it resembled maybe a jungle? And these soldiers resemble future space soldiers, but shoot assault rifles if I remember correctly. It was turn based I think, and you had to move your soldiers to a different square so they can attack your opponent. I'm sorry if this description isn't on point, but thats the best way I can remember it.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Very scant details, I gather it must have been some sort of wargame?

Assuming this was on Windows, try looking in these lists:
https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ ... ist-games/
https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ ... ist-games/
RedParade

Post by RedParade »

Thank you for the reply. I looked through all the games in the links, didn't find it. Its not a ww2/historical game or anything like that. It was a turn based game on like a chess board but resembled a step pyramid. Felt a little scifi. You move your soldier one at a time closer to your opponent, then when they shoot, it takes off a certain amount of health. Can't remember if I owned the full game, or was shareware. So long ago. I appreciate spending time making that list. If anyone has recollection of this game I'd really appreciate the name. Something reminded me of if the other week, and I got this crazy nostalgic feeling to play it.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Something like Fallen Haven?
RedParade

Post by RedParade »

Not really. You dont build anything or have tanks and stuff. Its like you start out with 10 or so soldiers, they also have 10 or so maybe less can't remember. Then you move them around like checkers or chess. Some soldiers have more powerful guns then others. And the goal is to move them correctly to kill your opponents before all yours are killed.