Windows rpg game (~1990-2000)

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Fewix_

Post by Fewix_ »

Hi. I played this game on pc with windows xp on it, but i was a kid so i don't remember the name.

It was a game like warcraft III. You need to click on ground to walk, and open the map by going through unknown territories in black fog. You also can go to villages, churches, ruins and cities. You can buy something, heal and hire someone. You also can get a boat and travel on it. I remember mountains and forests, but i don't remember any other biome. Except maybe for burned forest, but i'm not sure. Also, the time passed only when you move.

You play as one of three classes: knight, ranger or mage. You can advance to some other classes.

I remember it being something like a dark fantasy. It was gloomy. I remember one of the enemies being ghouls, vampires and marauders. There was more but i can't confirm their names. Maybe there was someone like a templars and crusaders.

You have a combat squad. You can have up to 12 or 16 units including yourself. Battles were played like this: you(and your enemy) have first row and second row. Cells around the edges were spaces where enemy can't hit you. Camp of some sort. You also can't attack from there. It was turn-based. Enemies and your squad members are all represented by avatar. Just 1:1 picture with a face(or helmet) and maybe some clothes.

I also remember that there was 7 maps or so with different objects. Before starting the game, you can create your character. I don't remember anything except name field and choosing a picture that represents your character. Ratio for this picture is similar to 1x2. You also can upload local pictures, but i never did so.

I apologize for maybe not writing something right, english is my second language. Oh, right. I played it in russian, so maybe I could never find it because of that💀
I'm also not sure if it was released in this time period to be honest. But i remember it being quite old even then(i played it in 2009).
Swiftcutter
Expert
Expert

Post by Swiftcutter »

King's Bounty or one of the Heroes of Might and Magic games?