Anyone in this room have any excellent word games?

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
jessieM

Post by jessieM »

I enjoy playing word puzzles the most since they help me expand my vocabulary and provide excellent mental training. I've played a lot of word puzzles, but I'm looking for some fresh, original word games that are both tough and enjoyable to play. If anyone can assist, please do.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Any sufficiently advanced old interactive fiction / text adventure game could give you a lot of words to read & learn I think, but maybe you are more searching for crossword games?

Or are you looking for games which are very wordy in vocal form with descriptions / expositions?
Some modern games have lengthy monologue/dialogues between characters, which helps with pronounciations, but subtitles are important too for understanding a foreign language.
jessieM

Post by jessieM »

In fact, I'm looking for games like Wordle because they're so entertaining to play these days. When I get stuck, I also occasionally utilize word-finder as a resource.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Ok, then look in this list for some similar games: https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/wordle-variants

(or just google, plenty clones were made)
Noaboss

Post by Noaboss »

jessieM wrote: In fact, I'm looking for games like Wordle because they're so entertaining to play these days. When I get stuck, I also occasionally utilize word-finder as a resource.
Here is a list of dos wordle clones
https://dosgames.com/tag/wordle/
ImageLemon64 Profile
Plays dos games way too much 'nuff said