[90s-00s][PC] Spaceships Top-Down Shooter PVP-like Arena

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
SrBrahma

Post by SrBrahma »

Hi, there is an old game that I used to play on the PC that I can't find anywhere. While it probably wasn't famous as I never found about it, it was afaik well made.

It was a game that you picked a vessel (each one had a speed, firing power and mode, special and a cool visual) and a map, and you would play against other vessels controlled by the computer in a top-down view in a PVP-like mode. You would respawn if you died, as the other "players". I think there was a team mode and a free for all. Maybe it also had online mode, although internet wasn't common back then. It came in a CD-ROM game pack (I have no memory about this CD).

Platform(s): PC Genre: Shooter?

Estimated year of release: 90s-2000s

Graphics/art style: Something like this, but older and with spaceships - i.ytimg. com/vi/uN4hvMxRs9M/maxresdefault.jpg

Notable gameplay mechanics: I think the controls were only the arrows to move and rotate, and a key to fire and another to use the special. And, while they were space ships, you could only move above the terrain, you couldn't move outside the map.

Other details: I think there was also a text log for who shot down who.

I feel very frustrated as I can't find anything about it, and I have searched about it for many years :/ Just curious to find stuff of my past

Edit: A guy in reddit said it could be Subspace (youtube. com/watch?v=4m4bKu1ve20), it's similar but definitely it isn't the same game. Here is what I replied to him:

"Some images looks somewhat like it but it was different... This Subspace game seems to be just a black background with walls, but the game I used to play had more vivid maps, and the ships were a little different. There was indeed a map there was like in space, but there was also a map there was in something like a desert.

But maybe it's a good starting point to find it.

Edit: Searching for similar games to the one you pointed, found another similar game, but still not what I am looking for - youtube. com/watch?v=idvyjcb7lFI"
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Guessing: Captain Forever Remix

Another one: Final Duel 2: Deathmatch arena
(no screenshots on Mobygames, could be too spacey, and it had local multiplayer only)
https://www.fractilegames.com/final-duel-2/
HARKONNEN

Post by HARKONNEN »

Hello, ok boy, I'm also looking for a top-down shooter with spaceships on a map. And the map had some "jumps" in the from the sand or water or bricks /cement. The game that I had was on a 100 demo games. I don't know why the game was named "hit to lose a friend" or "losing your best friend". I hope we both find out game, even if it's not the same game that we want.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

HARKONNEN wrote: I hope we both find out game, even if it's not the same game that we want.
If you're not sure that the game you're looking for is the same as the one discussed here, you should make a different game identification request. Please read the posting rules first though.
BdR

Post by BdR »

Could be Chase Ace Deluxe maybe? There are some videos on YT

Or was it like one of those thrust/cave flyer type games? There were a lot of those back in the 90s, There is a list of them on Mobygames -> mobygames. com/game-group/cave-flyers-and-thrust-variants