Point and click ... with a boat [Lone Eagle - Colombian Encounter]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Sahnewuerstchen

Post by Sahnewuerstchen »

Hello all,

I hope you have a good time, greetings from Germany.

looking for a game since ... dont know. Played it in 93 to 96 I think. And I played it just for few hours - so what I remeber:

- you start with a sailing boat
- you can control the boat like a subject in a Point and click adventur (Monkey Island etc.)
- can move the boat from screen to screen (left, right, up, down --> point and click)
- the boat is on an ocean, at the beginning there is a coastline
- if the boat ventures too far out into the ocean, an armed (military) ship appears and the game is over
- if the boat ventures too far to right or left (I dont know), a thunderstorm appears and the game is over

Is anybody out there, who knows what I m talking about? :rolleyes:
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

point and click ... with a boat

Post by Rwolf »

I wonder, did you have an objective, like navigating to a specific place, and did you get there eventually?

I recall a follow-up game module to Dink Smallwood, in which you started on the ocean, and you had to cause the ship to change course, or you never got past the first section...there was a lot of puking going on too...I think it was available as a free download, not officially published.

Otherwise if it was a modern sailing boat, and not a ship it is probably another game.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

point and click ... with a boat

Post by MrFlibble »

Sahnewuerstchen wrote: I hope you have a good time, greetings from Germany.
Hallo!
Sahnewuerstchen wrote: - you start with a sailing boat
- you can control the boat like a subject in a Point and click adventur (Monkey Island etc.)
- can move the boat from screen to screen (left, right, up, down --> point and click)
- the boat is on an ocean, at the beginning there is a coastline
- if the boat ventures too far out into the ocean, an armed (military) ship appears and the game is over
- if the boat ventures too far to right or left (I dont know), a thunderstorm appears and the game is over
Lone Eagle?
Sahnewuerstchen

Point and click ... with a boat

Post by Sahnewuerstchen »

Hello,

thanks a lot for Your answers. I think it is Lone Eagle!! Looks a bit different, because I had a shareware/Demo version.

Thank you very much. :love:
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Point and click ... with a boat

Post by MrFlibble »

Cool.

You can grab the shareware here: lone_s21.zip

UPD: Apologies, this version I linked to seems to be broken :(
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

I uploaded the functional shareware version here:
https://www.dosgamesarchive.com/downloa ... encounter/
NickArr0w

Post by NickArr0w »

Hello everyone.

I borrow this thread for the same purpose when it comes to the game Lone Eagle - Colombian Encounter.
I know there exist a shareware version and a version with part one and two.
Do anyone know if the part 3 ever was released because I can't find a version where the part three is included.
Do you guys might know anything about this, please let me know!

Greetings!
/Niklas
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

NickArr0w wrote: I borrow this thread for the same purpose when it comes to the game Lone Eagle - Colombian Encounter.
I know there exist a shareware version and a version with part one and two.
Do anyone know if the part 3 ever was released because I can't find a version where the part three is included.
I've never heard if the author ever made the full game freeware, so getting the registered version without buying it would be technically illegal. You can look up the registered game at "abandonware" websites, but I'm not gonna give you any links, sorry.
NickArr0w

Post by NickArr0w »

MrFlibble wrote: I've never heard if the author ever made the full game freeware, so getting the registered version without buying it would be technically illegal. You can look up the registered game at "abandonware" websites, but I'm not gonna give you any links, sorry.
Thank you for your reply! I know this game is very hard to find and do know its illegal to have the full version without own the game itself.
I have look at several abandonware websites but they only have shareware or the version with just part 1 or 2, not the 3rd one.
I would love to buy the full game in its physical form but to get copies of the full game nowadays seems impossible.

/Niklas