1996, computer magazine freebie shoot 'em up game (Win95)

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Greenfrog

1996, computer magazine freebie shoot 'em up game (Win95)

Post by Greenfrog »

Hi,

Heard it all before, haven't you...

I've not ever posted on a forum before, but have read a few, so hopefully I'm doing this right.

Yes, I'm trying to locate a computer game, and have been trying for a very long time but without success, but have now found this site. I'm not a gamer, and only played this game a for a short period and my memory of it is now very vague, but I'm trying.

The source of the game was from a computer magazine bought in the summer of 1996. A UK magazine, but I can't be sure of the title.

The game was for Win95 and basically a shoot 'em up. I think that the enemy was a robot/s rather than alien/s?
As I recall, it was quite a basic game, and being a freebie it probably would have been.
I THINK that it was a first-person perspective, but there might have been an overlay too?
Basically, a corridor going around a central box-like room? So four walls with ninety degree corners forming a big square room, with this room effectively becoming a corridor for having a smaller square room in the middle of it? The square room INSIDE of the 'corridor' had two sets of double doors (that slid open rather than hinged) on opposite sides of this box-like room I think I recall. The enemy comes from these double doors and so from this central room I think? I THINK that there was also at least one set of double doors on at least one of the corridor walls too, but I can't remember that for sure. As the game progresses, and as prize for killing the enemy probably before a fresh enemy appears, the guns get upgraded by being able to select more and different guns, or at least a better gun? I had a mouse, but I think that I played it with the keyboard - it wasn't a joystick or any other controller.

I'm full of guesses with no real idea, but being a magazine freebie and quite basic, it could be that it was one level of a game, given as a demonstration to promote the game.

I'm unlikely to recognise the title, but suspect that I might recognise a screenshot?

I know that this isn't much detail, but I would be grateful if someone knows it, and if you don't know it, thanks for reading my essay at least.