3D Over-Shoulder Alien Colonizer/RPG - Windows XP - Played 2000-2006

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
PacificToast

3D Over-Shoulder Alien Colonizer/RPG - Windows XP - Played 2000-2006

Post by PacificToast »

Trying to dig out of my memory a game played on my parents Windows computer between 2000 and 2005. The machine was running Windows XP (potentially '98 but I really don't think so).

The game takes place on a clearly alien planet and has understandably deplorable 3D graphics with an over the shoulder 3rd Person perspective.There may be a crash-landing start to this game if I'm remembering correctly? 99% certain this game was installed from a disk. dont think there were too many 3d browser games like this at that time.

The main character chooses from a set of humanoid shaped aliens that are solid in color; green, red, yellow, and most of the game play involves movement through valley-like walkways with flat ground and steep embankments on either side. Much like the terrain of a "foreign planet". I'm not sure if weapons are involved and I dont think they are, but there are projectiles that can be fired through powers/abilities. There was an inventory system.

I also remember a dog shaped enemy that is present, but I can really only get my head around the imagery of playing the game. It seemed to be an rpg of sorts, and it wasn't particularly combat intensive, but did have fights where i died. I remember that it certainly creeped me out as a kid, though I'm sure its nothing too deliberately creepy outside of the alien theme. I remember playing as a few different aliens with different colors/sizes, and they had different powers.

This was a game with a polygon count like original Zelda:ocarina of time or lesser, I remember pretty bad graphics.

I hope there is anything that can bring me a title name to associate with these memories.