A detective point & click game from the 90s or early 2000s played on win

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
victorczon

A detective point & click game from the 90s or early 2000s played on win

Post by victorczon »

Hi all

Im looking for a pc game but I dont know the name of it, So hope fully someone know what game I'm talking about.

when I was a kid I played a video game that grandad had on his windows 95, 98 or 2000 pc. I don't remember exactly what OS it was. But I think I played the game some time in the early 2000s

It was a 2D click and point game. It was about some young guy who where a detective and solved mysteries with his dog. I know it sounds like Tin Tin. But I promise it was not a Tin Tin game, but it felt like they tried to copy Tin Tin.

In one of the mysteries the protagonist entered his caravan to grab his detective kit. You had to click on things in the caravan to find the correct items, like black powder, magnifying glass, brush etc. The items were used for looking after fingerprints. Then we exited and went to the crimes scene to investigate and dust for prints.

another moment I remember was when the protagonist entered a room and saw a safe that I had to unlock. The buttons consisted of different shapes like plus sign, triangle, square, etc and in the background someone read out loud which order to press the shapes.

I know my description lack info, sadly I don't remember more. but hopefully someone know what game I'm talking about.

Kind Regards

Victor C