turn based Space 4x strategy game multiplayer 1996-1999 windows or dos

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
psychlops

turn based Space 4x strategy game multiplayer 1996-1999 windows or dos

Post by psychlops » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:29 am

I believe this game was purchased or run by microsoft at some point and then ownership might have changed hands again and the servers were taken offline at some point. somehow in the back of my mind i think it was purchased by one of the original developers at some point. it may have been a web based game but I'm 80% certain it was windows and then split between potentially dos or the web but leaning towards dos

the game had a wide variety of units I believe you had to purchase the ability to make each type of unit on any given planet. a little like the old dos game warlords with up to 4 unit types on any planet

the units ranged from giant robots with very high defensive ratings to space infantry/marines that were weak but "upgrade-able" there was also a sort of space ninja/psionic warrior unit type that was upgradable over multiple turns and the 4th level was extremely powerful but expensive and time consuming to create and the early stages were very weak. each unit had different movement speeds and there was some sort bike or trike that had one of the highest movement speeds