Odd looking character (i believe purple) who placed bombs

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
kkmadman

Odd looking character (i believe purple) who placed bombs

Post by kkmadman »

Hi, i'm having trouble finding a game from my very young years. I remember having it on one of my dads Macs, from around the ages of 4-7, so around 2004-2007. It was on mac (obviously) and the character you played looked quite odd. If you look at the pixar short film 'The adventures of André and Wally B.' he kind of had a similar look to the humanoid character, but I remember him being purple.

The character placed bombs and blew up blocks, (on occasion when you could access bombs on a level) similar to another mac game called 'BOOM'. The differences with this game was it had 3D graphics, though it was top down, and you had more movement around the rest of the room, rather than what was just on the screen. It wasn't a side scroller though.

There were a multitude of different enemies you fought. I remember some of them looking similar to the main character, only dark, and evil. I also remember some bug looking creatures with little nippers. I believe they were a dark shade of orange or a brown. I do also remember there being Lava, and if it would be let loose and not blocked up somehow, then it would spread everywhere killing and destroying everything.

Unfortunately thats about all that remember. I wish I could remember more but I really can't. If anyone can figure out what this game is, please let me know It would be extremely helpful :) :D