soundblaster 64pci in dos

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.

soundblaster 64pci in dos

Post by Guest »

any chances i can make my 64pci sound blaster work under dos? also, since the gameport is on the sound blaster, i get the feeling that in order to use my perfectly usable 10 years old joystick, i would have to get my sound blaster to work first. any ideas?

i don't have any sb drivers for dos since the card is too new.

from what i've seen so far, using vdm sound under windows 2000 or xp is not an option since the game doesn't work on these platforms.
SHOETAQUILLA

Post by SHOETAQUILLA »

I know this will sound a bit far fetched but I believe sound blasters don't work straight off in DOS they work through Windows, basically if you install your Sound Blaster in Windows then it should be able to work in MS DOS Prompt or MS DOS when you restart the computer. But most of the games on this site very rarely use Sound Blaster they are more likely to use your PC Speakers which are attached to the computer when you either make it or buy it as they are on the front shell of the Tower or Desktop.

It goes the same with video cards basically video cards won't work with games before 1996, which run in DOS basically they are running from the video card as your monitor is plugged into your video card but very little or hardly any sources are used with the games.
Give Me Blood, Guts n' Glory...Shoot to Kill!!