T.F.X. 1993 from OCEAN

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
shishamania

T.F.X. 1993 from OCEAN

Post by shishamania »

hi,

iam searching for a ingame-artwork screenshot. it must be from tfx showing an airport-terminal at night from outside with some transporter planes parked in front of it. anyone played this game to the end and can tell me when this pic is showed during the campaign missions. iam desperate to find it on screen...

thx
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Hmm...I just fired it up in DOSBox to check, and the training section starts with a *daytime* screenshot of something looking like what you describe. Possibly there is night-time training too, I don't recall.
shishamania

Post by shishamania »

Rwolf wrote:Hmm...I just fired it up in DOSBox to check, and the training section starts with a *daytime* screenshot of something looking like what you describe. Possibly there is night-time training too, I don't recall.
well, could u make a screenshot?
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I put some screenshots up at moby from the training part of TFX.
Hangar shot is here:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/tfx/s ... Id,649387/
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Wow, that's a really nice looking flight sim :) I wonder why I haven't heard about it before. Has there been a playable demo or something?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Have the game, can't say I really really liked it, was in fact almost outdated when it was released by Falcon 4 and other early windows flightsims.
By the time it was released dosgames were hitting their maximum possibilities regarding graphics (and certainly resolution!!!), also TFX lacked the "fun" factor of a Falcon 3 or even Apache Longbow to name only two.

Ah well, IMO an average flightsim, not bad and not good ....

A demo ....? No idea, and google isn't very helpful *sigh*
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

There might have been a TFX demo on some of DiD/Oceans other CD:s, since on this one there is a demo of their 'Inferno'. I'm unsure if it's playable or just automated - I didn't try to get it going, as I have the full game.

edit: I checked it out, and no, it's not playable, only a non-interactive demo of some pre-rendered movies with music showing some intro sequences.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Yup, I also found some non-interactive stuff only.

Well anyway, it's just that the game sorta looks like MIcroProse's F-117A, which I love 'cause it's an updated F-19 (256 colours ^_^). I can't say I really like more modern graphics, although the steps towards realism are certainly very impressive. They just don't look the same, nothing nostalgic about 'em :)
shishamania

Post by shishamania »

Rwolf wrote:I put some screenshots up at moby from the training part of TFX.
Hangar shot is here:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/tfx/s ... Id,649387/
thx rwolf but thats not it, not even close. but here is an example how it looked like:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3501 ... rs_jpg.htm

btw you can download complete TFX from ABANDONIA.COM
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/752/T ... iment.html
Last edited by shishamania on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

There is a screenshot from F-19 Stealth Fighter on the Atari platform that might fit the night scene somewhat. Maybe this is what you are after?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/atari-st/ ... Id,429719/
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

shishamania wrote:btw you can download complete TFX from ABANDONIA.COM
Should be noted that generally we try not to promote abandonware here.
shishamania

Post by shishamania »

Rwolf wrote:There is a screenshot from F-19 Stealth Fighter on the Atari platform that might fit the night scene somewhat. Maybe this is what you are after?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/atari-st/ ... Id,429719/
nope! :blah:
MrFlibble wrote:
sry! :shame:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

MrFlibble wrote:
Ahem ....
Dogbreath wrote:DGF Rules and Regulations (Revision 8)
blah blah blah ......
a. Do not ask for copies of full games that have yet to be released as freeware (“Abandonware” or “Warez”), unless you are interested in legally buying said games. Likewise, do not post any links to any website hosting Abandonware or Warez downloads.
There are two exceptions to this rule, Home of the Underdogs and Abandonia. These websites have taken pains to remain ESA compliant, do not offer any downloads to material that is still being sold, and are well trusted and highly respected by the staff of this forum.
and more blah blah blah......
HotU and AB are accepted as 'trusted' sites .... just saying.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.