Theme park no sound!!

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
chloe001

Theme park no sound!!

Post by chloe001 »

okay so i spent aaages understanding dosbox i have installed theme hospital and it works but with no sound.. so i ran the set up and it did say there was no sound for both options .. i looked up on a youtube video and it showed me how to change it ... i did but then the game would turn off?? ive looked up on loads and dont fully understand but i do get the jist of it! can anyone help!!!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Missing a lot of relevant details here ...........

OS?
Dosbox version?
Mount lines?
Original game? (CD?)
Downloaded?
Install choices?
Setup choices?
Inputs to run game?
chloe001 wrote: .. i looked up on a youtube video and it showed me how to change it ...
"Change it" ... what "it'" ?
Details? Elaborate a bit please........

Also:
'size=12' + bold won't make us help you faster, you're just annoying. Continue as this and I will hit my beloved delete topic button ...............
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: Theme park no sound!!

Post by MrFlibble »

chloe001 wrote:so i ran the set up and it did say there was no sound for both options .. i looked up on a youtube video and it showed me how to change it ... i did but then the game would turn off??
Apparently, you have configured your sound devices incorrectly.

DOSBox fully emulates SoundBlaster/Pro/16, and also General MIDI/Roland Sound Canvas for MIDI music.

The crash you are experiencing might be related to incorrect sound card settings, such as IRQ, DMA and port address. The default DOSBox values for those are:

Port: 220
IRQ: 7
DMA: 1

The sound setup programme of Theme Park might not auto-detect these values correctly, and the YouTube video you watched could have also supplied faulty information.

You need to re-run the sound setup programme from within DOSBox and make sure you have set up your sound devices properly.