Looking for old 1994-1996 Christmas game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Ony

Looking for old 1994-1996 Christmas game

Post by Ony »

Hello all,

It was about 1996-1997 and dad brought a CD home (one of the first I ever saw) which included a load of demos of random games, including Duke Nukem, Doom, Jazz Jackrabbit... it was that type of collection. All of them were just a few levels, though, as it shortly after prompted you to buy the game by - wait for it - sending a letter to so and so address to place an order.

Anyway, among these demos, there was one that stood out for me and has been haunting me ever since. It was basically a Christmas game (yeah, anticlimatic) where you (never seen, game was in 1st person) were informed by an elf that Santa had dissapeared and thus you had to go find him.

The game started off with you standing in a snowy area and having to solve a small puzzle to go through a door into Santa's workshop. Once in the workshop, everything looked like Santa had 'just' dissapeared, and again you had to go through another door to chase him down.

Eventually you landed on some sort of 'Christmas ville' where the streets were basically deserted. While looking around for clues, you entered a toy shop where you could click on several things and progressed through more doors until finally you ended on a stage of some sort. And then, after solving a puzzle or something on that stage, the game threw the bloody purchase prompt at you.

Now, I know my description is quite lame, but I'm talking about a demo for an MS-dos game I played about 15 years ago. For whatever reason, that game has been haunting me in the back of my head all this time and I need, I just NEED closure and the inevitable dissapointment that will come with finding it again.

So yes, if there's anyone who has a clue of what I'm talking about... please throw the stick this way.

Thanks!