"The Clou!" Questions

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
PuerNoctis

"The Clou!" Questions

Post by PuerNoctis »

Hi all,

I hope anyone of you remembers this fine old game: "The Clou!".

It was a great simulation on burglary from Austria back in 1994, and I played it quite a lot when I was a child.

I just started playing it again, but there are two things I can't seem to remember, and hope that anyone of you has the answers:

1) Has the game an overall time limit? I know that some events occur at certain times, so I need to know if I can relax and plan my every move with care, rather than rushing through the game to avoid being stuck.

2) I play the german version of the game, for which an addon was released sometime, called the "Profidisc". Does anyone know what this expansion actually contains and how the game is being altered?

Any information is very much appreciated!

Thanks! :)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

The English name is The Clue!
http://www.mobygames.com/game/clue

As for your questions: forgot mostly about the game, just remember that it was kinda confusing and a nitpicking b*tch.
But if you understand German you can get answers @
http://antaresdesign.de/theclue/forum/
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
PuerNoctis

Post by PuerNoctis »

Oh of course, it should be "The Clue!" - sorry for that.

I also was very struck by the level of complexity this game has, didn't remember it that way. So I give you the "nitpicking b*tch" any time ;)

Thanks for the link, I'll ask around other forums as well - but maybe someone here has some answers, too.

PuerNoctis

Post by PuerNoctis »

Okay, I got an answer on a German board focusing on old adventure games, so I post it here, too:

There's no time limit per definition in the game, but some events might trigger from time to time to drive the story onwards. Also, after a certain number of heists the player is automatically given a few specific missions after which the game ends.

The "Profidisc" addon mostly contains new buildings to break in to (about eight). It also fixes some bugs of the original version, e.g. something with the doors not closing after guards have been passing through.

Well, maybe this helps out somebody else sometime :)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

THX for the update, PuerNoctis.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.