F22 ADF

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
TristanEugene

F22 ADF

Post by TristanEugene »

Okay, here we go again. I want to get F22 Air Dominance Fighter going. Is it possible without too much trouble? What I mean is it is a Win 95 game and I'm not sure if Dosbox can get it going or I have to do some other massive thing such as partitioning or something like this. The options I have to work with are this computer that is running Win 7 64 and a computer that is running Win XP.
Rules of 3: 1 Don't frighten anyone. 2 Don't annoy anyone. 3 Don't take #'s 1 or 2 from anyone.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Forget dosbox for this one, is W9X native game.
No idea about this one on modern hardware, Things that don't run in dosbox I run on one of my ol P1-P2-P3 systems.

I kinda doubt it will even install in Win7/64 , probably a 16b installer.
And XP ... some videocard compatibility problems, not always, depends of the hardware.

There is virtual PC, but no '3D' vid support in VPC, so (probably) won't run in VPC/W98SE.

Hmmm, not listed in Dosfreak's comp list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... n_US#gid=0
(takes some time to load)

I would say: ask in the Windows sub @ http://vogons.zetafleet.com/index.php

Another good site to gather info/get help is
http://community.combatsim.com/

That's about it, you'll have to do some digging yourself for this one.
After all, this is a dosgames board, we don't intend to become a windows gaming helpdesk. :laugh:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
TristanEugene

Post by TristanEugene »

Ok. I'm on it. I'll dig some more. As far as this being a Dos game site and not a Win game site, I was hoping to find that this game, F22, was old enough to have a Dos basis to where it would run in Dos. Thanks for the leads. I'll look into them.

Just a side note then I'll drop this subject so as not to de rail this thread etc, I have the old game Bladerunner and I found a file from someone who re-wrote the installer so it would install and run on a 64 bit sys. So, I have the game running. Ever heard of this?
Rules of 3: 1 Don't frighten anyone. 2 Don't annoy anyone. 3 Don't take #'s 1 or 2 from anyone.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Feel free to let us know how it goes with that F22 game, extra info is always welcome.
Maybe -if *IF* I find time , don't hold your breath - I'll give it a try in VPC/W98SE , but I doubt it will run, as said no D3D support in VPC.
And if my memory is still working I think it was already a kinda nitpicking game on real W9X hardware, so it's doubtful it will run on an emulated S3 vidcard.

About Blade runner:
That Blade runner news is old news I'm afraid, 10 years ago on Frenchkiss (French AW site, defunct by now, alas) we already made a DVD compilation with 32 bit compatible installer for that game.

From memory -not 100% sure about this ! - HP re-released the game as bonus when you bought a new PC on a DVD around the same time.
Or was it Dell? Or another one, don't remember.
Old history, just to say that it's pretty old news.

In fact you don't need a '64 bit' installer on 64 bit systems, a 32 bit will run fine, only 16 bit installers will refuse.

Also, to be complete, Blade runner (original release) runs fine in VPC2007/W98SE.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
TristanEugene

Post by TristanEugene »

Thanks for this!! I'll update as I make progress.