How to run Tyrian under Windows?

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Jorrit
Admin
Admin

How to run Tyrian under Windows?

Post by Jorrit »

Could someone help me with getting Tyrian (the original game) to run under Windows? I've tried DOSbox (DOS emulator), but the game isn't supported (yet). I've also searched this forum, I found this in a thread by someone who had the same problem:
So, for example, after unzipping MOSLO into the same folder that Tyrian is in, you could type:
MOSLO /50 TYRIAN.EXE
And the game would run at 50% of normal speed. If the game still runs too fast, decrease the number ... so /10 would run at 10% of normal speed, /2 would run it at 2% speed, etc.
That didn't work. I even tried 1%, but everytime I get this error:
Runtime error 200 at 0006:301A.
I use Windows XP. With Windows 98 somone gets almost the same error: at 000S:24ED.

Thanks in advance.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

It didn't even under my (3.11 for Workgroups) even I HAD enough ram.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

I had the same problem. I think you need Tyrian 2000. Or try an emulator like Bochs, VMware or VirtualPC.
Jorrit
Admin
Admin

Post by Jorrit »

Thanks for the tip. Tyrian 2000 works well under Windows.

I just found the following about Tyrian 2000 on http://www.world-tree.150m.com/past.html:
Due to the unavailability of the original Tyrian and several e-mails from people looking to buy the game, we decided to re-release it. With the inclusion of several bug fixes, a new episode, and a new game mode a new name needed to be chosen. That name, obviously, was Tyrian 2000. Tyrian 2000 is currently available through Symmetry Entertainment.
But the website of Symmetry Entertainment is not available. Does anybody know where Tyrian 2000 can be purchased?
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

Try Epic Megagames or Epic Classics (I think they are reselling all of Epic's old games, probably including Tyrian 2000)