look for a dos word based game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.

look for a dos word based game

Post by Guest »

I for the life of me can't remember the name of the game. All I remember is you played the role of the hero of course. And you were walking through the woods. And the game gave you choices on what to do say if you ran up on an enemy it gave you a list 1-4. Something like that sorry if I am confusing everyone but mabey there is a list of word based games out there some where but I cant find it.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

The best one of such a scene I recall is The Secret of Monkey Island and the swordmaster / sword fighting scenes.

But much of the game was walking around, talking to people, choosing from a list of options - in a forest, in a town, etc.

Pretty much the whole adventure genera went that way after giving up Sierra's "type your command" text interface! And Lucas Arts games used that interface a lot, and was copied a lot.
Thejudge02

Post by Thejudge02 »

I will look those titles up thanks a million. And if this helps there were gypsies that could raise or lower youre fortune. And I remeber always laughing cause one thing they would always say is "never moon an arabian butt biter.