A Typical missing old game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
SaberW

A Typical missing old game

Post by SaberW »

OK, well there was this old mining game, you controlled a little underground village of Dwarve/Gnome type people.

You could build tavens and brewerys i think, things to make them happy...
it was 2D and sort of side scrollish.
you could mine for things and such.

I may not be being very helpful but hey, I'll be happy if you find it :)
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Dwarf Fortress?

Or maybe one of the other Bay 12 Games' uh, games?
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
SaberW

Post by SaberW »

No, but that's what I kept finding so your on the right track.

This one had better graphics and an almost Lemmings feel to it, except they weren't suicidal idiots. the view was that of a sidescroller but you told the little dwarf gnome things what to do.

I've seen a couple of people looking for the same game but unfortunately also to no avail
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Not sure of your idea of mining game but since you mentioned that there is Lemmings feel to it, there was 1 side-scroller which was made which Lemmings feel i.e. The Adventures of Lomax. It was by the same publisher as Lemmings. Check out the screenshots to see if it is the game you are looking for.
SaberW

Post by SaberW »

You make a valid point, there may not be any mining, but they were defiantly underground, you controlled multiple dwarfs/gnomes, you made a village, you could make taverns and graveyards...

though i was about 8 when i was playing this...
masa el he'avar

Post by masa el he'avar »

I wanted to say Diggers from the start, but I don't remember any structure building going on there...

See pictures here:
mobygames.com/game/dos/diggers/screenshots
SaberW

Post by SaberW »

No, I'm sorry, thanks for all the help but i think I might have to go delving into old boxes under the house to see if i can find the origional, if i find it, I'll be sure to tell you guys :)