Please, help me in finding a game it is important! [Volfied]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Gilion

Post by Gilion »

Hi. I am wondering, if anyone remembers a game from the 1990s (that is now available on the latest touch screen mobiles in java, too). I try to describe it:

-You open the game and a classic main menu appears with Options, Exit to DOS and Play. If you hit play, you can chose from one or two players mod.

The game starts. here is a picture how it is like Image

You are a tiny something at the frame of the game (solid black line) and the goal is to enclose as much areas as you can. You do this by holding down Space button. But during this, you are exposed to dangers: the various enemies and in every 4th level a Boss is trying to catch you. You have some lives I think 3, so you have 3 shots to complete the levels. The background is like a pictures of a theme. For example in level 7 the enemies are spiders and the background is a yellow-brown picture of a drawn spider. I also happen to know that the game used to freeze at this level.
If anyone can help me finding this, I would apreciate it!

Thanks!
Last edited by Gilion on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masa el he'avar

Post by masa el he'avar »

You are describing a Qix variant, there is a list of them in MobyGames.
What I find odd is that I know for a fact that the game Volfied gets frozen in the 7th level sometimes, and there is a spider there, but there is no spider background and Volfied has a boss in every level, not every fourth level.
Gilion

Post by Gilion »

Oh my gosh, you are a god or something!! I am looking for exactly that game!!!! (I looked for some pix, and I remember better grafics but tis is the game I wanted!:) THX!!
masa el he'avar

Post by masa el he'avar »

Gilion: You're welcome.

Mods(dosraider?): The game in question is not Qix. It is probably Volfied, if anything. You might have gotten confused when the OP wrote "pix" which I assume means "pictures".

If you can clarify this issue, Gilion, it would be great.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

What ? What ????? I deny everything.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Gilion

Post by Gilion »

I wanted to write "pictures', yes. And I can confirm that the game is called Volfied as masa el he'avar describes it above.
Gilion

Post by Gilion »

Thank you for correcting the topic title!
Karolololo

Post by Karolololo »

Thanks to this post I was able to refind Volfied for my mom after ~24 years.
Thank you guys! :love: :clap: