problem with sound

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Monkey fan

problem with sound

Post by Monkey fan »

Is there any way to get adlib or Sb sound on my monkey island 1 game? the game works, but i get the basic beep beep bleep from the pc, not from the card. Can any1 help?

Monkyboi
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Computer

Post by Wally »

What kind of computer is this???
You could try and get the drivers from
www.driverguide.com
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

If you're using Windows NT,2000 or XP to play, you will need VDMSound- http://ntvdm.cjb.net
ADM_DURON_1GIG

Post by ADM_DURON_1GIG »

Depends monkey.....you can't download a ablib sound or a sound blaster sound.thease aren not speacle function sounds for games....even though they are the most common selection for practily every pc game made.
thease are sound cards.you need eather a ablib sound CARD or a SOUND BLASTER card.The sound blaster card is referd to as CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER..(one i definety recommend...).depending on the pc you have and how old will decide on what typ to get. used sound cards with their softwere cd's can just about work on any pc,how ever a new one like the one released may not if the pc is a rather old one.

ESS,SIS,HP, and so forth sound cards or on main board sound chips are not realy supported in major dos playing game that is played in dose( not in a dos shell through windows), or sometimes will work,some times it won't while the game is playing through a dos shell prompt in windows.

to find out what kind of media system you have go....
start>settings>control panel>system> select device manager>look for SOUND,VIDEO,AND GAME CONTROLERS.

CLICK ON THE PLUS NEXT TO IT TO DISPLAY WHAT IS THERE.

if you don't see anything saying CREATIVE or ABLIB as wave table midi controler or what ever...then you don't have sound blaster or ablib.

go to a computer shop that sells old or new sound cards and get a card for you pc. make sure you can get the drivers disk for that card if you can,downloading the drivers may not include the emulators to support sound in dos itself,the disk will.then,return to the sytem>device manager... and locate the the sound,video,and game controlers and click on each controler and then properties,look for the box that says DISABLE THIS HARDWERE PROFILE or DISABLE THIS HARDWERE,check the box for each controler.(this shuts down this sound device hardwere and will make windows find the replacement sound card and install it with out conflict....)

or if you have the card already in and it has the dos support it needs,check the game configuration to make sure it is set to the card and not pc speaker only....
GIVE ME A FASTER COMPUTER! WITH TOP OF THE LINE RAM.......BUT I STILL LOVE MY 133....