My 1989 Tandy...

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

My 1989 Tandy...

Post by wardrich »

i FINALLY found a pic of one like mine. The pics on this site are close to my computer, but the one on the site is still better (note the hard drive) amongs other things. Nevertheless, here's the url http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/andor ... index.html
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

Horrifying isn't it! :laugh: I sold one to a friend in '91 and I have an earlier dual 5.25" drive beasty in the basement. The newer one used a 12mhz 286 CPU but had only 8-bit ISA slots! Made it a really "fast" 8088.
Sig: "The Universe is change... but it is not exact change." -Fusco Bros.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

I bet it plays the old CGA/TGA games nicely.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

Sorry to say I haven't warmed it's power supply in a llllloooooonnnngggggg time. Don't recall if it's even a 640k PC. :shame:

But the friend who got the other one was sent the pic and remembered the old beast instantly. Said thanks for teaching her Dosshell, without which she wouldn't have gotten anything done! (I still miss the F9 "display file contents" which allowed me to quickly and easily...without damaging anything.... figure out what so many cryptically named 8:3 files and progs might be or do or were attached to other progs. File Manager/Winfile could sure use it. ;) )
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

I need to get a Tandy with TGA video to complete my PC hardware collection for dos games.

Dont have anything that plays TGA now, and CGA isnt exactly perfect on a VGA card
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

Let me dig it out and get back to you.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

i've got an 20mhz 386 in me room,i hera music with it when the goddamned media player wont work with some cd's,put the head phones and listen great,ya know it has the cd drive like the playstation 1,ye know ya push the button and it opens :)
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

Hopefull my tandy cm-11 monitor gets here next week so I can play wasteland on my Tandy 1000hx in TGA/CGA resolution!

I junked the cm-5 monitor I got with my original purchase and am still waiting for the refunch check from the shipper (item was damaged in shipping).

So I should have all dos games covered with my XT, 386, pentium computers