more of a Get my computer to work...

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

more of a Get my computer to work...

Post by wardrich »

anyway... as you dont know, i had to reformat my computer cause i had 3 different instances of the w32.yahaa MM worm on my computer... anway, i reformatted, but it is like it is still on my system... it is REALLY scaring me. i did a full format (not a quick one). Anyway, one 'stop messag' that keeps comming up mentions the <b>kmixer.sys</b> file. I was wondering if anybody else has this file on their computer? (It should show up if you do a find for kmixer.sys)

thx
Richard
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

I do!
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Question the 2nd... what is it for?? i shall check www.microsoft.com or www.msdn.com for more info...
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

kmixer.sys is kernel audio mixer of Microsoft Windows.
Found via Google.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

ah.. thx... now i gotta see if there have been any other reports of it crashing...
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

false alarm... its a RAM issue... either bad RAM or bad Motherboard... i know it is ram related 'cause when i restart, sometimes my PC speaker blurts out these long annyoing BEEEEPPPPs... but it could be the Motherboard frying the ram. Either way, it is covered by the warranty so its all good... :thumbsup:

-Richard-
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Tose long annoying beeps are error codes. There should be a few long ones and short ones. Tell me how many long and how many short and your mothrboard type and ill look it up. Itll tell you the problem.
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

Suprising how much Seemingly idiots know... I've got two pocket-sized manuals with Beep codes. Look for the BIOS type, and the amount ( and lenght) of beeps.
Last edited by Thunderdog on Fri May 02, 2003 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

dont worry.... its at Future Shop getting repaired now... im suffering from withdrawl. Im at work right now FYI, but it just isnt the same... :cry: