Need help with Wing Commander 2

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
Mr.Smiley4

Need help with Wing Commander 2

Post by Mr.Smiley4 »

Ok, I'm on fist mission with a rapier and I keep dying. My fighter is too slow and I can never keep up with the enemy. I try shooting long distance, but I always shoot too far ahead or the enemy changes course and the shots just go right by them. Please help me, I cant get past this mission and it's really annoying me.
PC Gamer ever since I was 3. :)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Ok, listen.
The game isn't sóóó easy.
You must lower a bit your speed in fights, never use constant fire, only fire in bursts so that everytime you have the enemy centered in your vizor you can give him the full payload of your guns. That's important, don't waste your gunpower reserves.

The first mission is one of the easiest, really.

You made me curious, so I flew the first mission again, got through it in one try -(no, I didn't cheated, apparently still have it in my fingers, no wonder, I've flown all the WCs when they were released.)-

You have three possibilities:
One: learn the game and how to fly / fight / kill those big cats.
Two: Cheat (easily findable on the internet, but it completely kills the game)
Three: I can post a savegame with the first mission accomplished, but that won't you learn the game.

Up to you.

Oh yeah, the savegame is from the French (full) version, but should work on the English one. And you would be Indy Jones (yeah yeah) callsign 'Pirate'.