C-Dogs / Cyberdogs 2

Add your own reviews of games here.
Dr. Dos

C-Dogs / Cyberdogs 2

Post by Dr. Dos »

C-Dogs, the sequel to Cyberdogs isn't possible to be compared to the original. (See my post in getting games to work :)) It's an overhead view action game in which a government agent goes through caves, labs, and citites to stop terrorists, bug eyed aliens, ogres, and Xenomorphs. As you progress throught the 4 or 5 campaigns the plot develops. After each mission you recieve passcode and then choose your weapons for the next mission. Each weapon is balanced, the powergun for example kills most things in 1 or 2 hits, but the firing rate is slow. The machinegun fires weak bullets rapidly. Other weapons include sniper rifles,TNT,proximity mines,gernades,shotguns,flamers, and there should be a few more.

Graphics- 7/10 while the lighting effects aren't great you can still understand what's what, the explosions are really well done too. B)

Sound- ?/10 can't get it to work :cry:

Plot- 10/10 see main part of post :devil:

Difficulty- 8/10 you WILL die, a little too much. Sometimes you end up starting in a section where half the enemies are. That's never good. :karate:

Overall-8.3/10 get it. NOW! :D
[: )] ZZT Smiley
#if if if then then then then
#if then then if then
#endgame on Austnet
My normal E-mail: [email protected]
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

crap, I should've reviewed the c-dog games.....stupid, stupid, me!!
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Copy it to hard disc.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Hablibiddy

w00t

Post by Hablibiddy »

C-Dogs was cool, but it was too dark :) Oh well, blowing up things is still fun no matter what kind of light is shining
Trentdaddy

Post by Trentdaddy »

Yeah, i got it recently. I haven't played it that much. But it is dark as hades. All i need is darkness(i was being sarcastic. Things seem darker than they should on my screen sometimes, but i do usually have my gamma rating up)
Zaphod`
Location: Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Alpha Cluster, 3rd Dimension.

:D

Post by Zaphod` »

Apparently, I registered for here a long time ago. Don't think I posted though. Thanks for pointing this one out to me on IRC, Dr_Dos, it worked pretty well under Dosemu.

One problem though: I can only play dog fights. The campaign missions instantly game over when I come in. Some memory value conflicting with Linux, no doubt. Its still really fun though.

Anyway, I think I'll start a Dosemu compatibility thread, to address these sorts of things.
- One in a small breed of Linux using Dos gamers. Dosemu forever! :D
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

C-Dogs 2 have poor sound. They get REALLY annoying after a while. But there's an editor! (a stupid editor, though) The worst thing is that you don't buy your weapons or ammo. You just CHOOSE of the avaible guns and then your SCORE subtracts while you shoot. It's HORRIBLE! And you can't play with "split screen always" off. The moment you and your partner meet, the screen "moves" and you can't find your guy anymore anywhere. And you get stuck with the door because you can't properly line up with the door as they are just as wide as you are. Also the point of view in the game causes you not to be able to see what's behind the South walls, so if you come up with a mission to search something, things might get VERY annoying. One good thing is that you can put together your own man. Choose him a head, skin color, clothes and stuff... Or maybe a 'her'?

Graphics: 7/10

Sounds: 4/10

Playability: 7/10

Overall: 6/10
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
Zaphod`
Location: Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Alpha Cluster, 3rd Dimension.

Post by Zaphod` »

I don't have sound, so I guess I missed that part :D
- One in a small breed of Linux using Dos gamers. Dosemu forever! :D
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Belive me, it's better to miss them them hear them... :suspicious:
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

I think that hey're ok.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Cyberdog

Post by Cyberdog »

C-Dogs is my second favourite DOS game ever!!! A definite 10/10! If the sound gets annoying you can actually download WAV files and just rename them RAW and replace the original sounds. I replaced my machine gun and powergun sound and they sound great now. This game is a classic.
~ Cyberdog
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

DEATHWINTER STRIKES AGAIN! DUN DUN DUN!

Cyberdog: How did I know you liked C-dogs... :rolleyes: In any case, want to write a full review?
Bob

Cyberdogs

Post by Bob »

Cyberdogs was way better than C-dogs. The only advantage to C-dogs was that you could customize your character and save the game. C-dogs didn't have any credits to buy guns, ammo, lives, & armour after each level which was the best part of the game. There was once a project for cyberdogs 2001 on a website to improve on the game and was created using VB, then the creator dropped it due to no time to work on it. Hope someone tries to create another cyberdogs again :laugh: Best dos game ever written, thanx Ronny :thumbsup:

http://www.orcsoftware.com/~ronny/Cyberdogs.html
coolman927

Help

Post by coolman927 »

In c-dogs how do you load other peoples campaigns in the command prompt? I jsut love c-dogs though!
hippo legend

Post by hippo legend »

i'll just like to say cyber dogs is the best but.... :blah: your all fagots :cuccoan:
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Excuse me... :o

You arent very nice.. WE are all dedicated to helping you people and look what you come back with.. NASTY GUEST we can trace you back to your home and then ban you from here for good! Would you like that

Moderator of this forum should delete this post..
FunkeyMonkey9454

Post by FunkeyMonkey9454 »

How do i download cyberdogs to play on my computer now

Somebody please tell me. : :D :devil: :laugh: :rolleyes: :) :thumbsup: :P ;)

Post by Guest »

yea i wanna no 2!!

Post by Guest »

does n e 1 no?
SomeOne

Post by SomeOne »

C-Dogs > Cyberdogs = True

Only thing that cyberdogs is better than cdogs is difficulty... c-dogs is WAY too easy! (Any one know where to get some good c-dogs campaigns???)