Portable Consoles???

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

how could that be??? :P
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

owned
One time I had a Jack and coke and it had a lime in it, And I saw that the lime was floating. That's good news man. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I'll reach for a lime... I'll be water skiing without a life preserver and people'll say 'What the hell?' and I'll pull out a lime...and a lemon too. I'm saved by the buoyancy of citrus.
Vangar
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Vangar »

cyb3r.god3 wrote:... hmmm... well anyway my DS will last longer than to psp so nughhh*pokes out tongue*
Haha, that doesn't make any sense. I bet your little stylus will break faster then the PSP because it has smaller parts and friction. But im just guessing here.
the g6 lite can do all of that and it even has a scientific alculator
it is still cheaper than a psp
The PSP has a scientiffic calculator emulator for the Texas Instruments calculator, which can model graphs and much more.
also you can only run umd s from your region
Please research before you dive into statements :P . Even when movies are locked out, UMDEmulator sets them straight. Games are regionfree.

Does the DS have regionfree games? Does the DS have a scientiffic calculator? Sure the G6 can, but thats not the DS.

I don't want to be a fanboy, but the PSP's technical specs and homebrew scene simply surpass the DS. If the DS had these things i would get a DS.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

Two things bother me:
Vangar wrote:Does the DS have regionfree games? Does the DS have a scientiffic calculator?
1) Yep, all DS games are region-free. Same with all Gameboy Games.
2) The DS could have a scientific calculator, but who cares?
I'd buy the machine to play games on it, not to do math. I can buy a DS Lite ($130 US) and a TI X-30II ($15 US) for less than a PSP ($200).
Sustinendum Victoriam!
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

this is all for vangar
1. the styluses are now thicker for the DS lite and are very hard to brake
2. the g6 has more functions than a psp but also giveing more than a psp so more than just ia scientific calculator
3. since i heard this about a year ago in japan (im not japanese) so maybe somethings got lost in translation. also why carry discs around when the g6 is usb to gba cartridge and acts as a movie player for your DS. this is free movies.
4. DS does have different regions but are all formatted for the same thing e.g aus=jap.
5.with own home tinkering you can make the DS a moblie phone. you can get free calls.
6. there is a 7. underneath
7. there are more things possible to make with the DS than a psp sony has made so its harder to do it, DS however is more simple
8. PS3 has been delayed till March next year (aus) because it is too expensive, the Wii is still coming out on targeted time and cheaper than a PS3 (which technically uses nuclear power to turn on, something with electrons)
i can go on forever mate
One time I had a Jack and coke and it had a lime in it, And I saw that the lime was floating. That's good news man. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I'll reach for a lime... I'll be water skiing without a life preserver and people'll say 'What the hell?' and I'll pull out a lime...and a lemon too. I'm saved by the buoyancy of citrus.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Mr. Worm wrote:Two things bother me:
Vangar wrote:Does the DS have regionfree games? Does the DS have a scientiffic calculator?
I'd buy the machine to play games on it, not to do math. I can buy a DS Lite ($130 US) and a TI X-30II ($15 US) for less than a PSP ($200).
We're talking about emulating a TI-84 calculator, which is over 100 euros.
Last edited by Gamer_V on Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

which is how many AUS, US????
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

110 euro is 140 US dollar or 185 AUD or 155 Canadian Dollars.
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

Gamer_V wrote:
Mr. Worm wrote:Two things bother me:
We're talking about emulating a TI-84 calculator, which is over 100 euros.
Hmm...okay, that's called a graphing calculator.

Alright, you can get a normal Nintendo DS for less than $100 US, and a TI-83 (a graphing calculator that's actually not confusing as hell to use) for the same price as a PSP. Besides, you can use a TI-83 in class.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Yeah, but the games are crap. So are the media functions. FROM THE CLCULATOR. You can't use the DS in class either.
Last edited by Gamer_V on Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
</TD><TD width="50%">
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

Yeah, that's why I would get the DS and the TI-83.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

I was talking about the calculator. :'(
</TD><TD width="50%">
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

Gamer_V wrote:I was talking about the calculator. :'(
I thought you were talking about the PSP. =P
Sustinendum Victoriam!
Vangar
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Vangar »

Two things bother me:
Vangar wrote:
Does the DS have regionfree games? Does the DS have a scientiffic calculator?

Just for the record, i wasn't trying to be smart there, i really wanted to know if the DS games are region-free or if it had a calculator.
this is all for vangar
Excellent :D
1. the styluses are now thicker for the DS lite and are very hard to brake
The PSP is in one big block and is also very hard to brake.
2. the g6 has more functions than a psp but also giveing more than a psp so more than just ia scientific calculator
Sorry for saying scientiffic calculator, i meant the graphic calculator, it's an excellent and expensive calculator.
3. since i heard this about a year ago in japan (im not japanese) so maybe somethings got lost in translation. also why carry discs around when the g6 is usb to gba cartridge and acts as a movie player for your DS. this is free movies.
Without the need for buying software you can download the free video converter for PSP and place whole DVD movies onto your memory stick and run them straight from the PSP. Much higher resolution, and no need to buy a 'movie player'.

I also have 40 games downloaded for my PSP, and i have no use to carry around Discs.
4. DS does have different regions but are all formatted for the same thing e.g aus=jap.
The PSP is also regionfree, i don't understand the reason behind this point.
5.with own home tinkering you can make the DS a moblie phone. you can get free calls.
With no tinkering you can access the internet and therefore use SMS sites and email sites.
6. there is a 7. underneath
There is? That was a crap point.
7. there are more things possible to make with the DS than a psp sony has made so its harder to do it, DS however is more simple
Not really. There's new downgraders available that can be used within 10 mins, then you can program whatever you want in C++.
8. PS3 has been delayed till March next year (aus) because it is too expensive, the Wii is still coming out on targeted time and cheaper than a PS3 (which technically uses nuclear power to turn on, something with electrons)
I agree, the PS3 is horrible. But thats nothing to do with PSP.

I don't really want to fight over this, im not a fanboy, i enjoy all consoles and companies. In fact im going to buy a DS soon for Sonic Rush, but what im trying to say here is that what the DS can do, PSP can do better B) .
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

you made a powerful enemy today my friend
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

cyb3r.god3 and ?? :P
Vangar
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Vangar »

cyb3r.god3 wrote:you made a powerful enemy today my friend
Uhhh i hope you were joking, i said i didn't want to fight. :D .

Here have a party hat: :bday:
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

I'm finding homebrew games/programs quite interesting. There's Lemmings that someone ported to NDS. You can have subway train maps for NDS. There homebrew encyclopedia for PSP.

What happens when you get a bird who likes music and NDS? :D Has anyone seen this before?