Panzer General 1 under Windows XP

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Boy10w2

Panzer General 1 under Windows XP

Post by Boy10w2 »

If anyone can help me, please do it.

Panzer General 1 is one of my favourite game, but I cannot enjoy it under Windows XP.
My mouse gets lousy and the pointer moves much less while moving the mouse than it should. So I have to move the mouse three times as much as normally to get the same movment and that is very tireing.

Please help me!
Thank you,
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

Was it a Dos game? I know they made it for the PS1, but I never played it. If so, get an emulator like Dos Box. You can adjust the speed options and I think you can adjust the mouse speed.
YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES! NOW DO AS I SAY AND DRINK THE KOOL - AID
IANAL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."
Henry

Post by Henry »

I'm having the same issue with the mouse, no solution yet, so I'm just suffering with it... I got the Windows version of PG and AG, and PG will not run under XP though, only the DOS version :|
Henry

Post by Henry »

Back, ok more searching. to get PG and AG working in XP, right click on the exe and go to the compatibilty tab, set it to Windows 95, and done.. I kept the resolution at 1024x768, and now PG looks great on my laptop.
Garush

Post by Garush »

Use D-FEND and DOSBox
Garush

Post by Garush »

Sorry... in D-FEND, use "AUTOLOCK MOUSE" option.

panzer general

Post by Guest »

what is d-fend?

how to do mouse lock?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
MiniMax
Expert
Expert

Post by MiniMax »

Don't use DFend. Use DBGL (DOSBox Game Launcher) http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/blankendaalr/dbgl/ or DOG http://www.freewebs.com/erikgg/
DOSBox ReadMe | DOSBox Wiki | DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

If he want to ask 'bout d-fend he gets d-fend.
That the project is a dead bird now, is his problem.
That d-fend won't work very swell with dosbox 0.72 is his punishment for reviving an old topic.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.

Post by Guest »

dosraider wrote:If he want to ask 'bout d-fend he gets d-fend.
That the project is a dead bird now, is his problem.
That d-fend won't work very swell with dosbox 0.72 is his punishment for reviving an old topic.
Thanks for your helpful suggestion. I'd just like my get my game to work better than it does.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Anonymous wrote: I'd just like my get my game to work better than it does.
Then simply put the small effort in it to learn work with dosbox without front ends.
Cause sooner or later you will run onto games that dislike frontends.
And it's really an extremely small effort.
Even if you never been on a dosprompt.

And learn also to google something for yourself, in stead of:
"O I wanna know, lets post the question, those idiots will look for me'.
Was it that hard to input "dfend" in google?

Post by Guest »

*deleted*~dosraider
:laugh:
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

How odd and interesting at the same time

I can google smartly
Anonymous wrote: You really shouldn't post on message boards if you have such contempt for others. Maybe you should put a little effort in your people skills.
And you should learn to use message boards, you can't revive an ages old thread, asking for a question with an obvious answer and otherwise easy to find on Google and expect people to give answers, throw in some cool links and send you a box of cookies.

And for the love of it, we actually had a descriptive post about DOSBox and D-Fend. And it's a bloody sticky! Provided outdated, but it only proves the fact that you didn't even bother searching the forum before posting in an years old thread(oh the irony if you found this said thread in Google's cache).

Locked before dosraider comes and starts using his flamethrower.

As if that's gonna stop him
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)