Task Force 1942

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
NightC

Task Force 1942

Post by NightC »

I love this old game but cannot find versions that work with new computers. Simply the BEST naval simulator I ever played. You selected etheir Japan or the U.S. and duked it out inside battleships and cruisers. Sort of a Simulation / Strategy game.

You could get into the gun turrets, torpedo tubes, even steer the ship yourself as battle raged around. Incredible graphics for the time as well as outstanding gameplay. Historical accuracy was also top notch, I remember the massive Yamato Battleship would really be tough to put down.

Anyone remember it?

Moved to GeneralGaming ~dosraider
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Task Force 1942 was indeed pretty good.
But not my favorite.
My favorite was 1942: The Pacific Air War.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/1942- ... creenshots
I always liked a bit more action in games.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
NightC

Post by NightC »

A good game, but Aces of the Pacific was fantastic and I believe older then PAW.

I remember the kamakazies comming in at your carrier.. woo good stuff.
NightC

Post by NightC »

As an update, I found this game that is very simalar only brand new. Only reason it isn't as good as 1942 is the lack of a battle generator where you could customize the sides :( but still very fun and MULTIPLAYER!!!! online, full real time strategy with carriers, BBs, CAs, CLs, DDs, subs, dive bombers, fighers, torpedos, the works! Great stuff and excellent multiplayer.

www.battlestations.net

FREE multiplayer demo but I bought the game for like 35 on direct2drive.com
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Will have to update my video card first.
:(
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.