Looking for a game with Dueling Wizzards!

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Evev

Looking for a game with Dueling Wizzards!

Post by Evev »

I'm pretty sure the game was loaded with DOS Box. The idea was that anywhere from 2 to 6 (or was it 8?) Wizzards incolsed in an arena duel it out till last man standing. You could select both the number of Wzzards, difficulty level, the name of the Wizzard, the color of the Wizzard and if any were controlled by players or the computer.

The gameplay itself was turn based. Each Wizzard had a random generated list of single-cast spells which included monster summons (more on this later), damage, buffs, and misc spells like wall or fortress.

When casting a monster you had a choice to either cast an illusion of it (100% success) or the real thing (chance to fail). Each Wizzard also started with a Dispell Illusion spell that they could use as many times as they wanted if they suspected another Wizzard cast an illusionary creature.

At play was also an alignment system of sorts. Each spell was either Good, Evil or Neutral. The more say Good spells you cast the better chance of success for future Good spells. Casting Evil spells would swing you in the other direction and Neutral spells had no effect on your "alignment".

That's all that I can remember of the actual game mechanics for sure. Some of the summons were Unicorns, Harpies, Skeletons, and different Dragons. I believe Wizzards had some sort of hitpoint system (10 HP for all I believe) that determined how many hits they could take.

I also believe (although I'm sure I'm mistaken) that part of the title was "Arena".

Finally I found out about this game from a PCGamer article wherein they profiled a game designer saying that his newest title (wish I could remember what it is) was similar to an old DOS game he co-created.

If anyone could provide me any info on this I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
greencosmos
Expert
Expert

Post by greencosmos »

Reminds me a lot of Magic the Gathering... but it can't be that. :blah:
Evev

Post by Evev »

Can't believe I found it.

The game I have in mind is from her: <snipped>

Chaos - The Battle of Wizzards.

Now I just need a download! >_<
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Did you even scroll till the bottom of the page? :rolleyes:
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

It's:
Chaos — The Battle of Wizards.

http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2574#82574

One topic about the same is enough, gonna lock this one.
:)
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

er, that, or [s]he could have simply hit the big PINK download button on the page [s]he linked :)
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Now yeah, as you delete all those nice links we can't know that !!!
Bààààààààààààààd Larry !
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.