Dinosaur photography game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Anon

Dinosaur photography game

Post by Anon »

I recall playing an old DOS game which involved going back in time, taking pictures of dinosaurs, and either getting rated on the pictures or trying to amass a complete set of pictures (I don't remember which). I think it may have included a comet-based extinction event as a time limit. I don't remember perfectly, but you may have had a limited amount of film, and could pick up more. Possibly an "edutainment" title.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Maybe Scholastic's The Magic School Bus: Explores in the age of Dinosaurs ?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/scholasti ... f-dinosaur
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.

Post by Guest »

dosraider wrote:Maybe Scholastic's The Magic School Bus: Explores in the age of Dinosaurs ?
That doesn't look like it, no. The game I had in mind looks less like a cartoon than that, and IIRC had more than three dinosaurs to take pictures of. However, your suggestion does suggest one possibility: the photography game might not have made up the entirety of the game.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Did it involve an archaeological dig? Because I have vague memories of a game like that from 10, 11 years ago.

Post by Guest »

Dogbreath wrote:Did it involve an archaeological dig? Because I have vague memories of a game like that from 10, 11 years ago.
Not sure, sorry. Sounds like about the right timeframe, though.
NightC

Post by NightC »

Wow that is a stragne one. Reminds me of those pokemon games kid's played on N64 when I was in high-school, but obviously wrong platform and time.

Can you give us a better description of the layout? Were you behind the camera, or overtop of your character? Did the dinosaurs attack you or was it just getting pictures of them? Did you have to hide or just walk around looking for them?

Post by Guest »

NightC wrote:Wow that is a stragne one. Reminds me of those pokemon games kid's played on N64 when I was in high-school, but obviously wrong platform and time.

Can you give us a better description of the layout? Were you behind the camera, or overtop of your character? Did the dinosaurs attack you or was it just getting pictures of them? Did you have to hide or just walk around looking for them?
IIRC, the player character did not appear on the screen. I don't remember anything about dino attacks, but I don't know for sure. I don't think you had to hide; you just walked around looking for dinosaurs.

I definitely remember having a strict time limit based on the extinction event, and I think the sky or landscape may have become more ominously red or dark as time went on.
cretaceousisle

Re: Dinosaur photography game

Post by cretaceousisle »

I think I know what your taling about, its a minigame where you had to go through some halls or something to find a spicific animal. If you went the wrong way you'd run into raptors, which just sort of talked and thats about it. You could run into bugs too, clicking them killed them. Basically I remember having to find a spicific animal in each period til you got all of them. You had to do this before a time was up otherwise the meteore strikes. I can't recall the name but I think it was called, A 3-D Dinosaur Adventure or something like that.
anza

Post by anza »

If you're still looking for it, it's called Dinosaur Safari.