A Tank digging game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
hmmsk

A Tank digging game

Post by hmmsk »

I played this game at least 10 years ago, so i really don't know what its called, but what I do know is what it looked like, so i'll try to describe it in my best ability.

Basically the screen is split in two when you're playing against someone else on the same computer. You start of in a rectangular enclosure with two exits, one up top, one on the bottom, and there you have dirt which you can dig through by just going there, or shooting into it. The objective is to find the other tank or base, and kill him outside or inside the base. Now the next part i'm not a 100% sure about, but i think that inside your rectangle you charge up your ammo, its not unlimited while outside of the "base". I hope you guys can help me find this game, I searched for it but haven't found it yet.
greencosmos
Expert
Expert

Post by greencosmos »

Sounds something like Scorched Earth, but not that exactly.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

That would be the weirdiest description of scorched earth I ever heard.
:D

But, here, in DGF you never know.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Well you know what they say:

"If it's got tanks, it's Scorched Earth" :D
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)

Post by Guest »

umm, i guess no one knows the game then?
greencosmos
Expert
Expert

Post by greencosmos »

You could try Tank Arena...
Joske !

T&T

Post by Joske ! »

well this is one of the simplistic but also one of the most exciting games of my youth. I played it a lot with my friends till deep in the night sometimes.
your description is correct. sometimes I played it on my own and cleared the entire Island (it's huge). Some extra info on the game: you dig twice as fast when you dig shooting. one player has a light grey tank and base and the other has a dark grey tank and base. you can't charge up your ammo in your opponents base. you also atomatically repair your tank in your own base after taking enemy fire.
the most cool thing about this game is that there is loads of strategy. By digging corridors you can built outposts and defense too keep your opponent away from your base. If you know he's coming you fire a few shots in the corridors. in that way your opponent can't come close without getting hit or killed.
When you find your opponents base first you can chase him following him in his digged corridors (if your fast enough he hasn't seen you've been to his base and suspects nothing :P ) but If he's been smart enough he has made some dead end corridors to prevent this.
anywayz, a very exciting game: chasing each other/close combat/outsmart each other/strategic base building and lots of laughing with just a few pixels and 3 sound effects. wonderfull!!
I hope to find this game soon. maybe I'll just try to find that old computer, maybe the game is still on it.

ps.: the game was called T&T (= tank and tank)

find it and play it ! It's fun when your chilling with friends and you've nothing to do in the middle of the night. just keeps exciting !
Good luck finding it !

greetzz Jos
Joske !

T&T

Post by Joske ! »

I found a version in colour (green against blue) it's called tunneler.exe
it's a remake of the original game by Geoffrey Silverton in 1991.

btw you can recharge your energy in your opponents base but slower than in your own base; and energy depletes faster when shooting. when your outside your base your energy is slowly decreasing. when it's all used up you begin too lose visual and eventually your tank will explode. you can't recharge your shield/life in your opponents base.

have fun playing it !

gr Jos