Alone in the dark 2

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
youngkarpov

Alone in the dark 2

Post by youngkarpov »

Hi all,

I just started playing good old "alone in the dark" (part 2) for the first time. But after killing the first three enemies on the way to the house I'm not able to push away the stone anchor or skulpture (or whatever it is) which blocks the way on the right side. Or is that a kind of copy protection (I've got the game via file-sharing programm)...

Felix from germany
Pioneerman2k1

I know the problem...

Post by Pioneerman2k1 »

Hi there! I have played the 2nd and the 3rd part of the game and the last time i played the game was on my old Pentium with 133Mhz. And it works fine. But later i played it on a 166Mhz Pentium and i cant Push any sculptures or kind of that stuff. I think it is a problem of the engine. Your PC ist too fast :laugh: If you have anymore questons email me at [email protected].

See Ya
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

perhaps if your PC is too fast, you should consider using mo'slo, dos box, or some other slow-down utilitie.
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

The funniest error is that runtime when your computer is "too fast"... LOL.... you never hear that when playing games like UT2k3
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

Which is why I bought a PIII to run my dos games and some ROMs on... it only cost me 50 bucks full with monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers... I bought it from a friend
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

actually, a PIII is pretty fast for most dos games...
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

yet again with the double posts. I have a pII MMX 266 and its too fast for dos games. How could it be on a pentium 3 (Ps, i also bought mine off a friend for $50 canadian, so in your face)
erkintecimm(guest)

Re: Alone in the dark 2

Post by erkintecimm(guest) »

HELLO I HAVE ENCOUNTERED THE SAME PROBLEM... BELIEVE IT OR NOT I HAVE FOUND A SECRET PASSAGE AT THE LEFT SIDE OF THE HOME DOORS !... JUST GO TO THE LEFT TOP THERE CLIMB UP THE GRASS !... SEE WHAT HAPPENS!... PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS WITH YOUR VERSION TOO... COS' I HAVE THE ORIGINAL CD.. TAKE CARE...

youngkarpov wrote:Hi all,

I just started playing good old "alone in the dark" (part 2) for the first time. But after killing the first three enemies on the way to the house I'm not able to push away the stone anchor or skulpture (or whatever it is) which blocks the way on the right side. Or is that a kind of copy protection (I've got the game via file-sharing programm)...

Felix from germany
erkintecimm
Douglas Adams

Post by erkintecimm »

HEY THIS IS NOT BECAUSE YOUR COMPUTER IS TOO FAST... THIS IS DUE TO PROTECTION OF CD VERSION WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM DISKETTE ONE... FOLKS! BUY ORIGINAL CDS OR BUY ILLEGAL BOOTLEGS AND PAY A HEAVY PRICE... I HAVE MY ORIGINAL CD AND I HAVE A SECRET DOOR TO PASS!...