DX 10.1

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
dayaccus007
Expert
Expert

DX 10.1

Post by dayaccus007 »

DX 10.1 will come soon, also Shader Model 4.1, so sell your Dx10 card(8800GTX and ULTRA ) and buy the new cards :laugh:
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?optio ... 2&Itemid=1
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

*ahem*

So? :huh:

It was common knowledge they were going to drop DirectSound, ever since DirectX 10 came out!

XACT? Xbox? VISTA? Pshaw!
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Coming soon (VERY SOON):
How to run DX 10.1, Shader Model 4.1, whatever crap they will invent on your XP PC.

They MUST release those, or their achieved sales would drop. It's a bit as those released "DX10 only" games, they all can run on (adapted)DX9.0C by now.
If you want to sell copies, they must be able to run on the XP computers. Vista is too far from being the standard by now.
It comes, games that are really runable on Vista only, but it will be only in 2 or 3 years maybe.

This reminds me of the switch W98SE <-> NT ones.
Takes time, and many games released, even NOW, are still runable in W98SE.
They said the same thing then.
Now we have indeed NT(W2K-Xp- ...) only games, almost 7 years later.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Eh doesn't affect me ... I only play indie and/or old games on my pc now. I have a Wii and a DS for console games ... my integrated Intel graphics chip is good nuff for the games I like to play.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

No Shadowrun for emmzee it seems.
Talking about Shadowrun, also a Vista "only" release:
a pirate site wrote:ONE OF THE FIRST games released to be played only under Microsoft's Windows Vista, has been cracked to play on a legacy operating system known as Windows XP.

The infamous warez and hacking group 'Razor1911' has successfully hacked Shadowrun to be played under XP, without any need for DirectX 10.

Apparently the crack just demands that you overwrite a few files in the installation folder with the ones provided by Razor and the game will run happily under XP.

The information text file that ships with the crack states: "Tired of waiting for Falling Leaf to produce drivers so that you can playShadowrun in XP? The wait is over, because Razor1911 already has the remedy! Yes, you read right. This game will also function in Windows XP".

Falling Leaf Studios had previously reported that they were working on the 'Alky Project' that would contribute 'Alky Compatibility Libraries' to allow the successful running of Halo 2 and Shadowrun on Windows XP machines.

Looks like it was a lot simpler than that. µ
Halo 2 is also runable in Xp by now.
I rest my case.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

Why would creative worry about any other sound card maker these days, they are the only choice.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

I can't wait for this DX10 bs to put a rush on openGL development. I'm sure it will destroy DirectX soon... I mean, it's taken like 2 revisions of OGL to do what like 9 revisions of DX has done...
Paul Clark

Post by Paul Clark »

What !?!?!!?!. I can't believe how fast are newer technologies been developed in graphic cards.
My ATI RADEON HD2600XT, now seems too outdated :cry:

Hey how did you manage to play HALO2 on XP. I though it was released only for vista. Could you tell me how?

Also what is openGL, pardon my ignorance, friend. Could you tell me more about it?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

About the pirate stuffies: Google, and yes, when it's illegal it's really fun and you're on your own.

About OpenGL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL

Some games have their own OpenGL adaptions, to name one: Unreal (1+RTNP).
Looks gorgious on modern systems with OpenGL, really. Much better then in the ol'D3D.
That's how it looks in OpenGL:
Remember: that game is more then 10 years old.

[Edit]
And almost forgot other OpenGL jewels:
GLQuake!
http://www.bluesnews.com/guide/glquake1.htm

GL Doom!
http://www.doomworld.com/doomgl/
Last edited by dosraider on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

dosraider wrote:No Shadowrun for emmzee it seems.
Talking about Shadowrun, also a Vista "only" release:
a pirate site wrote:ONE OF THE FIRST games released to be played only under Microsoft's Windows Vista, has been cracked to play on a legacy operating system known as Windows XP.

The infamous warez and hacking group 'Razor1911' has successfully hacked Shadowrun to be played under XP, without any need for DirectX 10.

Apparently the crack just demands that you overwrite a few files in the installation folder with the ones provided by Razor and the game will run happily under XP.

The information text file that ships with the crack states: "Tired of waiting for Falling Leaf to produce drivers so that you can playShadowrun in XP? The wait is over, because Razor1911 already has the remedy! Yes, you read right. This game will also function in Windows XP".

Falling Leaf Studios had previously reported that they were working on the 'Alky Project' that would contribute 'Alky Compatibility Libraries' to allow the successful running of Halo 2 and Shadowrun on Windows XP machines.

Looks like it was a lot simpler than that. µ
Halo 2 is also runable in Xp by now.
I rest my case.

YAY RAZOR!!!