Taito Games

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Taito has always been one of my favourite developers as I like most of their games. I have played Puzzle Bobble 1 - 4 (my favourites) The 1st one finished. For the rest finished at least one route (there are many routes to the ending).

Played Bubble Bubble and some of the sequels but never finished them. Bubble Symphony, Bubble Memories, Parasol Stars: The Story of Bubble Bobble III etc. My favourite is Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2. Also ploayed Arkanoid & Arkanoid 2: Revenge of Doh,
The New Zealand Story.

For Puzznic, I've played but not finished. However, I've played Epic Brix and finished every single level without any help and really enjoyed it. There has been many clones since puzznic to Blox. I've played many variations such as Uz (finished the shareware version), Think (came free with Kellogs cornflakes) etc. I have also tried Blox, the flash shareware version. It not bad but Brix is better. It is like one of those modern remake games where graphics are better but some of the gameplay is lost. However, if you have never played the old Dos games like Puzznic and Brix, you might feel it good. But if you played the original, you would feel, something is missing. Very few remakes retain the same gameplay. Those who love dos games will know that kind of feeling of the original dos game vs the modern more colourful clone.

Puzznic has the puzzle portion and the arcade time-based portion as well as a level editor. So far, no one has cloned the time-based portion. Although Epic Brix (full shareware version) copied the puzzle portion concept of Puzznic, it added items like teleport, acid, water, upside-down timer & lasers. Brix 2 Deluxe (the sold version) has additional levels, solutions and a level editor. Since Epic Brix was not a total copy of Puzznic, you can still consider it slightly different games. Blox Forever seem to be combining concepts from BrainStorm and Puzznic and maybe some other game.

For those who played Puzznic, by the way, did you know there was a version of Puzznic with hentai backdrop (not much just more black sihoulettes)? :D
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Frenkel »

I've published the cheats for Operation Wolf on my website.
Groeten van Frenkel
Visit us at the Official S&F Prod. Homepage
franpa
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by franpa »

Adventure Island: Part 2.

one of the BEST NES games ever ! seriously, play the NES version, do NOT play the computer version.

it is teh awesomeness.
Intel Core2 DUO e6750 @ 2.66GHZ
Asus P5KC Mother Board
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
2 Gigabytes DDR2 800 RAM Dual Channel
500 Gigabytes SATA2 Hard Disk
Creative X-FI Extreme Music
BFG Geforce 8800gt 512mb PCI-E (OC1)
Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply
Thermaltake Armor+ MX Case.

Click here to download 'Milo The Fuel Run'. [More Information.]
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Frenkel »

I've published the cheats for Bubble Bobble, Oil's Well, Operation Wolf, Puzznic, Rambo III and Renegade on my website.
I spoke too soon about knowing the cheats for Qix; I don't know them. Maybe when DOSBox adds support for breakpoints on memory reads in its debugger...
Groeten van Frenkel
nika

Post by nika »

I have finished Bubble Bobble & my favourite is Rainbow III.
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Frenkel »

I've found the cheats for Qix and
I've found the easter egg in Operation Wolf and
I've put them on my website.
Groeten van Frenkel