Here's an OS for ya

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Here's an OS for ya

Post by wardrich »

BumpTop

It's designed for tablet PCs, but it would be nice to see it for a typical desktop. The link points to google, but there are so many videos and stuff for it. It's nuts! The icons are fluid-moving tiles that can interact with each other, and it contains a few different widgets that can be used to arrange the tiles on the desk surface.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Yes, looking swell.

But knowing the first thing I always do is killing everything that isn't really nessecary to preserve my sys ressources ......

It looks as it will eat up plenty CPU time and GPU power.

Hmmmm, anyway, looks better than solitaire to kill some time. And probably much funnier also. :)
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

dosraider wrote:Yes, looking swell.

But knowing the first thing I always do is killing everything that isn't really nessecary to preserve my sys ressources ......

Hmmmm, anyway, looks better than solitaire to kill some time. And probably much funnier also. :)
It's hard to say. Sure it's eyecandy, but unlike the crap in Vista, this eyecandy is actually functional and useful if you have the resources to handle it. It may not even be all that resource heavy.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Yea I've seen this before. It looks neat and all, but I can't see it being actually workable. For one thing, I have literally hundreds of documents on my computer, it would be impossible to organize them using this sort of system. It's cool but IMHO just wouldn't work.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
dayaccus007
Expert
Expert

Post by dayaccus007 »

dosraider wrote:Yes, looking swell.

I agree but it look very well.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

emmzee wrote:Yea I've seen this before. It looks neat and all, but I can't see it being actually workable. For one thing, I have literally hundreds of documents on my computer, it would be impossible to organize them using this sort of system. It's cool but IMHO just wouldn't work.

If it's used only as a supplement for your desktop, I think it could work. Though, I agree that they'd have to find another way to implement a file browser.
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

That looks so <strike>efficient</strike> much like something Apple would do.
lakerzz8
~Lakerz~Fan~

Post by lakerzz8 »

Looks like something that would be fun to play around with and then gets boring and irritating after a week.
My stories:Story 1
Story 2

Earn money for free! and get paid TODAY!